Bullnose Forums

86 in oh ky in

Leemhayden

Hello, thanks for the add to the forum I was just gifted my deseased grandfathers bullnose it has been sitting in a dry steel pole barn since the late 90s when he passed away. I've got it home washed and running now im working through some of the stuck and wore out parts to get it road worthy. The sticker shows late 8/85 but title says 86. It is a 2wd l6 4 speed manual with overdrive. Looks like smog equipment and cat have been removed. I got it running with a new hei distributer. Rear brakes were stuck so am in the process of rebuilding them. Propertining valve is leaking so I will probably need a new one and some lines. Clutch is also dragging. Rust is minimal and the truck is in reallly decent shape for its age. Also looks like 86k original miles. I will try to post some pictures soon.

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Getting your grandfather's truck is wonderful! I say that because I'm a grandfather and would want one of my grands to get my truck(s).

You'll find the proportioning valve to be both expensive and hard to find. But I've not seen them leak, so maybe it is something else leaking?

Anyway, we are here to help and would love to see pics of the truck. But you might want to look at the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's to see how to post pics as it isn't the easiest thing to do.

And we also have a map, which you can see at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu, and can add you with a city and state or zip.