Bullnose Forums

Clutch pedal lever

Frank Wyatt

I need a clutch pedal lever, it's part # is E1TZ-7A554-A. It bolts to the cross shaft underneath the dash. If anybody has one in good shape I would greatly appreciate it. Otherwise I guess I could try my hand at welding it up and then making the hole round again instead of friction slotted. It's lever 7A554 in the pucture from Documatation. Thanks guys.mechanical-linkage-a_1.jpg.8fc78f8d880d1864d8b53bfaa405382d.jpg

there'sa a manual '88 in a yard ...not quite local . is this what you need?

No, because Ford went to a hydraulic clutch in 1983 and that part got changed and will not work on a manual clutch truck. The part I need was only used in 1981 and 1982. Also, my truck is a F 150, the truck in the picture appears to be a Ford Ranger, no interchangeable parts on them for the F 150 that I know of.

No, because Ford went to a hydraulic clutch in 1983 and that part got changed and will not work on a manual clutch truck. The part I need was only used in 1981 and 1982. Also, my truck is a F 150, the truck in the picture appears to be a Ford Ranger, no interchangeable parts on them for the F 150 that I know of.

I would welded it and grind / drill / file back into shape.

If the lever is out of shape what is the rod going thru the floor to the cross shaft like?

I had to weld and grind / file all my linkage so I could use it.

BTW I had 2 trucks and both were bad.

Dave ----

I would welded it and grind / drill / file back into shape.

If the lever is out of shape what is the rod going thru the floor to the cross shaft like?

I had to weld and grind / file all my linkage so I could use it.

BTW I had 2 trucks and both were bad.

Dave ----

From what I have seen so far the rod looks pretty good, some wear but not really much to speak of. With the plastic bushings that are supposed to be there just a dab of JB would likely be sufficient. The major wear is on the lever with maybe about a 16th worth of wear on the opposite end of the rod. That rod seems to be a harder steel than the lever that pushes against it. If a lever doesn't come looking for a new home I'll likely be welding it up when my pal, Mitchel gets back from vacation. I was going to go check out the salvage yard today but it blew up a pretty good rain storm this morning. I still need to set my glider swing back upright that got blown over on my porch. I wonder if I could find a thin brass bushing to go there in place of the plastic bushings? Even if I had to enlarge the hole slightly, I don't see why that just might work, definitely stronger than plastic for sure.

I am in need or will be in need of a few of those parts too down the road.

Making these parts, or to have someone weld them up would also be of great service.

When I first fixed my 81 linkage, welding, grinding, filing, I used new plastic bushings.

Well they did not last a year so I went with hardware store brass bushings.

Yes I did need to drill out the holes a little to fit them.

They been in for a few years now.

The thing I have a worry on is the motor side pivot of the frame cross shaftn on my 300 motor.

The one with the truck I fixed 3 times before I was able to find one on Ebay, still looking for another cheap.

I had to use the one I got off the bay before I had time to get others made from a local machine shop.

Dave ----