Bullnose Forums

Back with another Flareside (#4, I think)

Rembrant

Define "fine"...

Well, I just mean that the round bar, while rusty, didn't flake away like the surfaces did compressed under those bushings. It's a 7/8 bar...so 22mm. By the time it's sand blasted, maybe it would only end up being 21.5mm, or 21mm. I'll measure it, but I'm sure it'll be fine....and at the very least better than no bar at all;).

I have a thing for adding swaybars to these trucks. Although a 1994, it's the same chassis and suspension that was used in 1980 (Basically). I dislike the body roll in the turns and such, and when I added even just a rear bar to my '84 Flareside, it was a huge improvement.

If the alloy gets diluted a bit that's fine. I doubt there'd ever be enough stress on the bar to ever break it.

Once I install new shocks, they'll take care of half or more of the body roll I'm feeling now anyway.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Define "fine"...

Well, I just mean that the round bar, while rusty, didn't flake away like the surfaces did compressed under those bushings. It's a 7/8 bar...so 22mm. By the time it's sand blasted, maybe it would only end up being 21.5mm, or 21mm. I'll measure it, but I'm sure it'll be fine....and at the very least better than no bar at all;).

I have a thing for adding swaybars to these trucks. Although a 1994, it's the same chassis and suspension that was used in 1980 (Basically). I dislike the body roll in the turns and such, and when I added even just a rear bar to my '84 Flareside, it was a huge improvement.

If the alloy gets diluted a bit that's fine. I doubt there'd ever be enough stress on the bar to ever break it.

Once I install new shocks, they'll take care of half or more of the body roll I'm feeling now anyway.

You DO notice the emoticon laughing?

It is fine..