Bullnose Forums

Back with another Flareside (#4, I think)

Rembrant

Hi Folks,

I haven't been around in a while. I had some projects to take care of (non automotive related) and I'm finally back with another truck, although not a Bullnose. This one is a 1994 F150 Flareside, 2wd. It's a Florida truck, so it is 100% rust free, but it is by no means a show vehicle;). It has a 5.0 with MAF, a 4R70W auto trans, and the typical 3.55/open 8.8 diff. I bought the thing on a bit of a whim, and I'm not even 100% sure what I'm doing with it yet, but for now it is project for hobby use only.

It has a couple issues that I am still diagnosing and working on, so we will see if it turns out to be worthwhile or a bad decision lol (I do that sometimes unfortunately).

Cheers, and I hope that you're all doing well.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see you back Cory!

In your case the FOG keeps rolling in. :nabble_smiley_good:

What's up with your Mercury?

Hope the summer has been treating you well.

We've heard a lot about the climate conditions there in NS.

Hey Jim,

The '52 Merc pickup is gone. I sold it to a guy that I know that is a bit of a Ford collector. I sold him another truck previously. The Merc was finished really and I put about 1500 miles on it like that but I needed something "new" to work on. I also bought an '83 Jeep CJ-7 for a toy/project but it didn't work out and is gone also.

We used to have a huge local cruise in/car show here every Thursday night, but it was shut down and cancelled last year. It was really big, and always very entertaining, and it being gone has kind of thrown a wrench into my gearhead hobby lately. I used to really look forward to that every week. Anyway.

The weather has been pretty crazy here lately. At first it was crazy hot and dry. We had some really big forest fires here. The one most local to me was barely 20 miles away...less as the crow flies. Besides all of the acres that were burned, a 150 homes burned down too, with a total of 200 structures including garages and barns, etc. Then we've had record rainfall, and flooding. Then we had another record rainfall again last night and into today...many of the road/culvert/bridge repairs that weren't yet finished have been washed out again. It's pretty crazy.

Our summers are usually pretty uneventful really. It's our winters that vary wildly and we get record storms every so many years. Our summer weather has usually been reliably the same.

We have been very lucky throughout all of it thank goodness.

I actually sold the Jeep CJ-7 I had to a guy that lost his in the fires recently. It had been in his family since new and he was actively searching for another one when I had one that I didn't really want, so it made for a quick transaction.

But back to the trucks! I picked up this little Flareside for something to tinker with. I'm not 100% sure where I'm going with the whole car/truck hobby, but for now I still need something to tinker with until I do get it figured out!

In any case, I'll try to drop-in and hang out with you guys a little bit;).

Hey Jim,

The '52 Merc pickup is gone. I sold it to a guy that I know that is a bit of a Ford collector. I sold him another truck previously. The Merc was finished really and I put about 1500 miles on it like that but I needed something "new" to work on. I also bought an '83 Jeep CJ-7 for a toy/project but it didn't work out and is gone also.

We used to have a huge local cruise in/car show here every Thursday night, but it was shut down and cancelled last year. It was really big, and always very entertaining, and it being gone has kind of thrown a wrench into my gearhead hobby lately. I used to really look forward to that every week. Anyway.

The weather has been pretty crazy here lately. At first it was crazy hot and dry. We had some really big forest fires here. The one most local to me was barely 20 miles away...less as the crow flies. Besides all of the acres that were burned, a 150 homes burned down too, with a total of 200 structures including garages and barns, etc. Then we've had record rainfall, and flooding. Then we had another record rainfall again last night and into today...many of the road/culvert/bridge repairs that weren't yet finished have been washed out again. It's pretty crazy.

Our summers are usually pretty uneventful really. It's our winters that vary wildly and we get record storms every so many years. Our summer weather has usually been reliably the same.

We have been very lucky throughout all of it thank goodness.

I actually sold the Jeep CJ-7 I had to a guy that lost his in the fires recently. It had been in his family since new and he was actively searching for another one when I had one that I didn't really want, so it made for a quick transaction.

But back to the trucks! I picked up this little Flareside for something to tinker with. I'm not 100% sure where I'm going with the whole car/truck hobby, but for now I still need something to tinker with until I do get it figured out!

In any case, I'll try to drop-in and hang out with you guys a little bit;).

Glad to hear you, wife and 'kids' are okay! :nabble_smiley_good:

Damn shame to hear your Thursday cruise-in has been cancelled. You were always so enthusiastic about it.

You'll be comfortable with yet another Flareside no matter the direction you take.

I'm always impressed by how practical you are with your reincarnation projects.

Good to hear from you. Yeah, too bad about the car show.

Fires are no fun. We were doing ok this year then had one start about 30 miles east of us. Evacuated a bunch of homes. Mostly under control now.

Enjoy the 94!

Wow! That’s a LOT of change! :nabble_smiley_oh:

But glad you are back, and that have another project. With as quickly as you Togo through them you must have a wealth of knowledge!