Bullnose Forums

rear brake lines

I understand that it may be rated for it but I will never use a compression fitting in a brake line.

Not sure which line you want to patch but a coil of nicopp tube is not expensive or difficult to work with.

not really a patch, the issue stems from me trying to bleed the brakes but not being able to because of seized bleed screws, so that led to replacing the rear cylunders and front calipers, but now has let to not being able to remove the rear brake line from the rear cylinders, and with the help above i fear that just trying to see if the brakes work im gonna have to find a part that i cant get replaced and ect ect. honestly im ready to push this truck into the pond by my house. the coupler would just let me make a short fix to get new cylunders in fast, and then later when or if i can even get the truck through inspection replace it correctly. kinda of a last ditch effort. do i even need rear brakes? could i just not have them?

How would this coupling help you with seized nuts on the rear wheel cylinders?

You're replacing the cylinders. Take a torch to the fittings and get them loose.

There will be all new fluid anyway...

Brakes are one of those things that you have to consider that everything is bad.

At least when something goes right it's a positive!

Sorry you feel frustrated. I don't mean to be a downer. Only trying to give you a heads up.

Think how grateful the truck is for your attention to detail

You're replacing the cylinders. Take a torch to the fittings and get them loose.

Brakes are one of those things that you have to consider that everything is bad.

Sorry you feel frustrated. I don't mean to be a downer. Only trying to give you a heads up.

i was gonna cut the cylunders lines off and make a new short end then couple it to the exisiting lines. they look really seized, just worried i wont be able to get them off. or they will twist the lines off. no you are ok, i didnt take it as such. i guess i just need a win with this truck, everytime i fix something 3 more things break.

Capture.png.dec780b01502ea95d8c2a9521a06455e.png

rockauto has this as the rear brake cable, does it look correct?

rockauto has this as the rear brake cable, does it look correct?

Hose...

It does, as long as you have stock height suspension.

Why not just get standard made up 3/16" brake lines from that block to the wheel cylinders?

They aren't more costly than your coupler.

Though I don't know offhand the adapter size you need for the drivers side.

Shouldn't be difficult for the parts store to match it to the junction block....

Hose...

It does, as long as you have stock height suspension.

Why not just get standard made up 3/16" brake lines from that block to the wheel cylinders?

They aren't more costly than your coupler.

Though I don't know offhand the adapter size you need for the drivers side.

Shouldn't be difficult for the parts store to match it to the junction block....

Yeah a set of new metal lines for the rear axle is like $35. Compression fittings have to be done exactly right to work, but if you can't use a tubing cutter close enough that would allow the brake cylinder to be removed, it'll be a wash. Just using Murphy's Law this part might not work, and if it does, it still adds two potential points of failure and these trucks don't have airbags or ejection seats.