Bullnose Forums

F150 towing

ScubaSteve

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See what you think: Specifications/Towing.

And, I'll see if I can OCR them.

Thanks again.

Ok, I OCR'd the files and put them on. That will let me strike through the errors and put corrections. And, I put that on the page so can correct it in the background and it'll show up automagically.

See what you think and let me know, please.

Ok, I OCR'd the files and put them on. That will let me strike through the errors and put corrections. And, I put that on the page so can correct it in the background and it'll show up automagically.

See what you think and let me know, please.

Looks good sir, sorry about some of the smudges, book is 24 years old, it was missing when I bought Darth.

With NC your tags are the standard tag or they say weighted on the bottom. If your pulling a trailer of any size its easy for any cop thats paying attention to check your tag and write a ticket.

Have you known any one to get pulled over because of the plate?

The cops should pull over all the trailers without lights running in the dark and /or plates to start with.

They would make the roads safer and make more money in taxes.

Then pull over everyone on their phones or the tail gaters.

Make the roads a LOT SAFER!

For the plates you want to get I bet they are more $$ for each renewal. How much will you be towing, every weekend or maybe 3 or 4 times a year?

My F100 will be a back up to my Durango (normal plates) to pull my car trailer when needed and it will get normal plates.

And unless you are pulling the trailer for money you don't have to go over scales and even then then unless the truck & trailer are marked for hauling for money you do not need stop.

I drive a truck for a living and hauling for money is why you have to scale.

Dave ----

With NC your tags are the standard tag or they say weighted on the bottom. If your pulling a trailer of any size its easy for any cop thats paying attention to check your tag and write a ticket.

Have you known any one to get pulled over because of the plate?

The cops should pull over all the trailers without lights running in the dark and /or plates to start with.

They would make the roads safer and make more money in taxes.

Then pull over everyone on their phones or the tail gaters.

Make the roads a LOT SAFER!

For the plates you want to get I bet they are more $$ for each renewal. How much will you be towing, every weekend or maybe 3 or 4 times a year?

My F100 will be a back up to my Durango (normal plates) to pull my car trailer when needed and it will get normal plates.

And unless you are pulling the trailer for money you don't have to go over scales and even then then unless the truck & trailer are marked for hauling for money you do not need stop.

I drive a truck for a living and hauling for money is why you have to scale.

Dave ----

No I don’t know anyone who has been pulled for it and I agree 100% about the lights. It is more money than the standard plate but I don’t think it’s much. I do pull a 3500lb trailer several times a year and I’m looking at small toy haulers about 5000lbs. I seriously doubt it would ever be a problem and I have been towing it this way for a year but I’m going to check on it for my renewal next month.

No prob. I'll use them. Thanks.

I too, have an '86 owner manual, I finally opened the glove box on one of the f250's I got... Now I'm really curious as to the model year of the truck. Mfg date is 09/86, which should make it an '87 model year but I seem to keep finding '86 parts & paperwork everywhere. Maybe I'll eventually find the title in all the junk in the cab. Too bad it's an extended cab, the PO was able to cram lots of crap in the back seat area.

Sully

I too, have an '86 owner manual, I finally opened the glove box on one of the f250's I got... Now I'm really curious as to the model year of the truck. Mfg date is 09/86, which should make it an '87 model year but I seem to keep finding '86 parts & paperwork everywhere. Maybe I'll eventually find the title in all the junk in the cab. Too bad it's an extended cab, the PO was able to cram lots of crap in the back seat area.

Sully

You can decode the certification label here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/certification-label.html. And you decode the VIN plate that is under the windshield here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/vin-decoding.html. They will tell you the real year of the truck.

You can decode the certification label here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/certification-label.html. And you decode the VIN plate that is under the windshield here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/vin-decoding.html. They will tell you the real year of the truck.

Gary,

That info has been there all this time? I have to do better with my searches, I had started going through boxes in the attic looking for service manuals & whatnot. I knew the manufacturers would build the old model year vehicles late in the year but I thought Sept was too late. Guess you never know, got to use up the parts if possible.

Again I say a big thank you to you!!

Sully

Oh, vin code G - truck is an '86. No wonder I found so many '86 parts on it!

Gary,

That info has been there all this time? I have to do better with my searches, I had started going through boxes in the attic looking for service manuals & whatnot. I knew the manufacturers would build the old model year vehicles late in the year but I thought Sept was too late. Guess you never know, got to use up the parts if possible.

Again I say a big thank you to you!!

Sully

Oh, vin code G - truck is an '86. No wonder I found so many '86 parts on it!

Oh yes, I don't know which was worse, trying to get the outside glass clean enough to see the vin or pulling the dash pad & trying to clean all the crud off the plate. The latter turned out easier as I realized, while cleaning crud, that the windshield was cracked and had turned cloudy. I never would have cleaned the glass enough to see the vin. Of course, I could have just broken the glass I reckon.

Sully