Bullnose Forums

Speedo cable driven gear color code

Well, well, well…

I just picked up the replacement TC (BW 13-45) rear shaft seal at the nearest NAPA.

Really not sure they sold me the good part. This is the new I got:

And here are some pictures grabbed on

:

They are absolutely not looking the same.

:nabble_anim_confused:

Can someone tell me if I have the correct replacement part on hand?

That's not the right one. Your screenshots from Youtube are correct.

I'm not saying the one you have won't work, but it is the wrong one. I may have the part number in Big Blue's Transformation thread since I had to replace the first one because I didn't get the nut tight enough.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not the right one. Your screenshots from Youtube are correct.

I'm not saying the one you have won't work, but it is the wrong one. I may have the part number in Big Blue's Transformation thread since I had to replace the first one because I didn't get the nut tight enough.

Not a lot popping on the web, maybe my search criteria aren’t correct…

Found one seal looking right, 27$:

IMG_8035.jpeg.d7ed2811a1e8909894404368adff590d.jpeg

But Bronco Graveyard sells a kit that seems to contain the right seal, for 18$. I suppose the rear shaft seal is included, but not 100% sure:

IMG_8036.jpeg.70a37be38d069b5234eeec8b8bd1011b.jpeg

But Bronco Graveyard sells a kit that seems to contain the right seal, for 18$. I suppose the rear shaft seal is included, but not 100% sure:

Obviously the JBG price is better, but I trust Torque King for getting not only the right parts but good quality parts. That's where I got my parts.

Obviously the JBG price is better, but I trust Torque King for getting not only the right parts but good quality parts. That's where I got my parts.

Could this possibly be the difference between a slip yoke and a fixed yoke output?

I know my slip yoke 1356 has the conical type seal.

It looks like the JBG kit has the input and both output seals, along with the shifter and speedo seals plus adapter gasket.

• 2 weeks later...

As for the t-case, it looks like Big Blue's twin so you have a BW1345. Look closely in the wedge-shaped recess next to the rear output opening and you'll find it says Borg Warner 13-45.

If the green arrow points to the fill plug and the red one to the drain plug, seems that there’s not a lot of oil in a BW-1345 TC.

I’m a bit surprised.

IMG_8299.jpeg.4b528c030f6da2a21dc3ff31cd5a5792.jpeg

Any advice about the oil type and/or quality?

As for the t-case, it looks like Big Blue's twin so you have a BW1345. Look closely in the wedge-shaped recess next to the rear output opening and you'll find it says Borg Warner 13-45.

If the green arrow points to the fill plug and the red one to the drain plug, seems that there’s not a lot of oil in a BW-1345 TC.

I’m a bit surprised.

Any advice about the oil type and/or quality?

No, it doesn't take a lot. There's an oil pump that moves the lube around. I'm running Amsoil Multi-Vehicle Synthetic ATF in mine.

No, it doesn't take a lot. There's an oil pump that moves the lube around. I'm running Amsoil Multi-Vehicle Synthetic ATF in mine.

Thanks Gary.

Your Dummy King gathered all his courage and attacked the drive shaft/yoke/transfer case seal dismantlement.

:nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

Wanna know what happened to Big Brother’s Speedo Drive Gear?

The plastic gear sled on the steel shaft… Ever seen something like this?

IMG_8308.jpeg.7bcc08679445427cdafb57feeff078a4.jpeg

IMG_8307.jpeg.b9b76da9ca4b2eda2f8a2878bc764a4e.jpeg