Bullnose Forums

Erratic Idle and bucking

It's a possibility that it might.

Do not know for sure, as I've never changed a relay with a different value.

What do you think Gary?

Well just changed the fuel filter and it brought back it's power and not bucking anymore but the idle is still jumping, I'm gonna exchange the IACV to make sure it's not a faulty part

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you made a new ground cable, how is the pigtailed ECM (injector) ground that comes from the battery ground terminal to the radiator support where it connects to the computer's harness?

I'm not seeing a harness that connects from ground to the radiator support, I only see the ground from the battery connect to block and then the block to the firewall.

I rented a different fuel gauge and the highest pressure it would read was 30 psi because it kept leaking at the adapter and that was with the pump constantly running

*AT the radiator support

C101 is the battery ground terminal pigtail connector.

The truck harness that runs up the passenger side fender turns across the radiator support and connects (almost) directly to the battery through C101....

The ECA controls the injector pulse through the ground side.

C101 (or lack of it) is often cited for "driveability" issues.

8508850_orig.thumb.jpg.c26da865aafeeff3a323c1965f07fcfb.jpg

5278321_orig.thumb.jpg.a30694f20fd1a03f81e8daa505abe586.jpg

Well just changed the fuel filter and it brought back it's power and not bucking anymore but the idle is still jumping, I'm gonna exchange the IACV to make sure it's not a faulty part

Did that take care of Code 95?

unfortunately new parts are not always good parts. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

-------------

Also check that ground that ArdWknTrk mentioned. :nabble_smiley_good:

-------------

Having said that, I doubt that getting that error code is where the problem lies. Don't know where it lies, but since the engine runs well as it is warming up and starts having problems when it apparently goes into closed-loop mode I don't think it is the pump relay.

I agree, but I think the EEC is being fooled into the Code 95 by the actual problem. The EEC is just throwing Red Herrings etc... He changed the fuel filter with good results. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Did that take care of Code 95?

unfortunately new parts are not always good parts. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

-------------

Also check that ground that ArdWknTrk mentioned. :nabble_smiley_good:

-------------

Having said that, I doubt that getting that error code is where the problem lies. Don't know where it lies, but since the engine runs well as it is warming up and starts having problems when it apparently goes into closed-loop mode I don't think it is the pump relay.

I agree, but I think the EEC is being fooled into the Code 95 by the actual problem. The EEC is just throwing Red Herrings etc... He changed the fuel filter with good results. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Yep spent about $500 this weekend just for it to need a $4 fuel filter:nabble_smiley_cry:

It could also be the relay setup I have to switch polarity for the selector valve so I could keep the factory switch working

Well, I'm glad you got it fixed. But sorry it took so much time, effort, and money to get a small problem like that fixed.

Are you still getting the 95 error? I agree that is a red herring, but it puzzles me. Did you answer about the self-test connector being in place?

Yep spent about $500 this weekend just for it to need a $4 fuel filter:nabble_smiley_cry:

I completely understand this feeling and have done similar things in the past.

If you need it or want one to have around, I have a spare breakout box for our factory EFI trucks if you're interested. Helps a ton with diagnosing electrical issues dive he runs inline with the PCM.