Bullnose Forums

Erratic Idle and bucking

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How hard do you think it would be to make my own because it just seems like a few connectors, wire, a new module, and an aluminum heatsink

Jfyi: When i replaced my TF

I I got a bad one and it threw me for a bit, changing it for a motorcraft one cured the issue.

I I got a bad one and it threw me for a bit, changing it for a motorcraft one cured the issue.

Very good point about motorcraft parts.

Even with the Duraspark II ignition modules, the Motorcraft ones are worth the extra dollars.

When warmed up, my 1981 with a Motorcraft DS-II, will start with the first crank of the starter. Something an aftermarket DS-II will not allow you to do. I know from experience. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I remember seeing some things regarding remoting a TFI module on here, so have done some searching and found this hits:

How hard do you think it would be to make my own because it just seems like a few connectors, wire, a new module, and an aluminum heatsink

It's a few connectors, some wire and a heatsink but you need a blank-off plate and the harness should be shielded.

IDK how you feel about that but in my mind it would be much easier to get the harness that someone else has already done all the trouble shooting.

Probably the same $$$ in the end.

It's a few connectors, some wire and a heatsink but you need a blank-off plate and the harness should be shielded.

IDK how you feel about that but in my mind it would be much easier to get the harness that someone else has already done all the trouble shooting.

Probably the same $$$ in the end.

Well I just got back from the mechanic and they said injectors when he pulled the plug on the cylinder 5 injector it had little to no change in idle but when I pulled the plug on cylinder 6 it bogged down.

Any recommended brands of injectors?

Well I just got back from the mechanic and they said injectors when he pulled the plug on the cylinder 5 injector it had little to no change in idle but when I pulled the plug on cylinder 6 it bogged down.

Any recommended brands of injectors?

I'm running Accel injectors. There are several on here that don't like that brand, but my engine builder (Scotty the Mad Porter) recommended them and they've worked fine.

I'm running Accel injectors. There are several on here that don't like that brand, but my engine builder (Scotty the Mad Porter) recommended them and they've worked fine.

I just replaced all 8 with standard injectors and the running issue is still there but it fixed the tiniest of misfires and runs a tad bit smoother.

I gave in and bought a TFI module but I'll install it in the morning because the whole engine bay is toasty.

I just replaced all 8 with standard injectors and the running issue is still there but it fixed the tiniest of misfires and runs a tad bit smoother.

I gave in and bought a TFI module but I'll install it in the morning because the whole engine bay is toasty.

Hope the TFI module does it. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Number 5 Cylinder is the farthest cylinder away from the fuel pump isn't it?

If the TFI module does not fix it, I'd check the fuel pressure for weak flow.

When was the last time you changed the fuel filter? etc . . .