Bullnose Forums

Restore of my 1986 Bronco XLT

As having no welding machine, I used my grinder and dremel to repair the pump anchor pad:

Another question: on the exploded view l, there is a snap ring on the output shaft, if I haven't seen it wrong. On mine there wasn't a snap ring...

Well done on the pump arm!

As for the snap ring, I don't remember if mine had one or not. But I don't see a place for one on yours. :nabble_anim_confused:

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done on the pump arm!

As for the snap ring, I don't remember if mine had one or not. But I don't see a place for one on yours. :nabble_anim_confused:

Hmm...it looks like a groove there over the synchrone ring...but as I've said there was none as I'd disassembled the t-case.

Another question: I've bought the universal joint yoke from moog...but it's much too small for the output yoke on my t-case...

Rockauto

20240713_152843.jpg.1adc72b51447cb1edb38a262c865897d.jpg

Downwards is the new one from moog...

So, have I've ordered the wrong or is rockauto.com wrong?

Hmm...it looks like a groove there over the synchrone ring...but as I've said there was none as I'd disassembled the t-case.

Another question: I've bought the universal joint yoke from moog...but it's much too small for the output yoke on my t-case...

Rockauto

Downwards is the new one from moog...

So, have I've ordered the wrong or is rockauto.com wrong?

I would suspect Rock Auto. I ordered a manual lever position sensor for a 1990 E4OD, there is a TSB from Ford regarding the updated MLP design as the original was prone to water intrusion. Guess what they sent, the original 1990 switch, when I contacted them it was "that's what you ordered".

Parts stores here are no better for the most part.

I would suspect Rock Auto. I ordered a manual lever position sensor for a 1990 E4OD, there is a TSB from Ford regarding the updated MLP design as the original was prone to water intrusion. Guess what they sent, the original 1990 switch, when I contacted them it was "that's what you ordered".

Today I want to do my yearly oil and filter change. Now I see that I haven't bought the zinc oil additive, that I have used before...

Do you think I can try it without? If the lifters makes some noise, can I add it later?

Maybe there are also some alternatives to the comp cams 159, I currently use...

Liqui Moly

So as changing my spark-plugs, I've decided to take a look into the cylinders...

That's what I've found:

20240714_111524.jpg.dd5ad24888ab9afbc89c6667cd25d7df.jpg

20240714_111537.jpg.6f58fb5e29a5749e459e92b58ddeac42.jpg

Passenger side 1 to 4

20240714_114810.jpg.c51e1d0861d19500f7cbcd5935df9736.jpg

Drivers side 5 to 8

20240714_114825.jpg.7a966dced9e654d6b1271b34d9aca474.jpg

That's number 8

20240714115109308.jpg.bc1bf16b51f69da3c00f6edc739569c7.jpg

Inlet and outlet valve no. 7

20240714115301313.jpg.d236e6b6143bce8b5d2e229fc6f034d3.jpg

20240714115328554.jpg.ab0340ef6f8b13aa7bba6a4b06e5b3e7.jpg

And that's number 8...

Does this look like that there is a problem?

Today I want to do my yearly oil and filter change. Now I see that I haven't bought the zinc oil additive, that I have used before...

Do you think I can try it without? If the lifters makes some noise, can I add it later?

Maybe there are also some alternatives to the comp cams 159, I currently use...

Liqui Moly

yearly?

So as changing my spark-plugs, I've decided to take a look into the cylinders...

That's what I've found:

Passenger side 1 to 4

Drivers side 5 to 8

That's number 8

Inlet and outlet valve no. 7

And that's number 8...

Does this look like that there is a problem?

number eight looks to have an oil problem. its getting oil from somewhere. its small enough to possibly be from pcv accumulation. how is the pcv setup? I ask this as there are some cases where the pcv has been connected to a runner in the intake and not into a common point of the plenum and then the vapors accumulate/condense there. mostly common in carbureted engines but I think you are still using efi. pull the pcv hose and check for wet oil. it may be a good time to add a catch can in line before the intake.

number eight looks to have an oil problem. its getting oil from somewhere. its small enough to possibly be from pcv accumulation. how is the pcv setup? I ask this as there are some cases where the pcv has been connected to a runner in the intake and not into a common point of the plenum and then the vapors accumulate/condense there. mostly common in carbureted engines but I think you are still using efi. pull the pcv hose and check for wet oil. it may be a good time to add a catch can in line before the intake.

It started life as a EFI 5.0

Of course it has oil in #8, that's where the PCV goes.

It started life as a EFI 5.0

Of course it has oil in #8, that's where the PCV goes.

Exactly, Jim, the 302 EFI manifold does have the PCV inlet at the back. I do not know what valve covers he is using. I don't know if the stock ones on the EFI 302s have a baffle under the PCV location.