Bullnose Forums

Restore of my 1986 Bronco XLT

So, today I have rebuild my steering coupler:

The damper is made from polyurethane, combined with a back-up disc made from stainless steel.

I've done a test drive and it works great!

All the sloppiness is out.

I also have finished my center console to about 90 percent...

20240103_113908.jpg.7a2099c22f67fe24f57fef07e8b6554b.jpg

20240103_113912.jpg.9fb9918936b811626a464eb37c393999.jpg

20240103_113931.jpg.9cdc5b2b274f953f8038eda1711f9217.jpg

20240103_114729.jpg.cf6cc1af7cdbb2a7309d00b24e503397.jpg

20240103_114736.jpg.0202b8de7350e994377c566f8c7f2749.jpg

20240103_114745.jpg.cdba39e8a56295b36d2d01266d100e6e.jpg

The only thing that's left, is to laser-cut and print two covers in wood optic, like the original part's look.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have finished my center console to about 90 percent...

The only thing that's left, is to laser-cut and print two covers in wood optic, like the original part's look.

Nice job on both!

Nice job on both!

Yes, VERY nice! :nabble_smiley_good:

But please explain what you mean by "laser-cut and print two covers in wood optic"? I understand laser cutting, but what is "wood optic"? Does that mean "wood look"? And where do the covers go?

Yes, VERY nice! :nabble_smiley_good:

But please explain what you mean by "laser-cut and print two covers in wood optic"? I understand laser cutting, but what is "wood optic"? Does that mean "wood look"? And where do the covers go?

Thanks for the roses :nabble_smiley_beam:

I have three areas on the whole assembly (subwoofer+center console), that aren't covered with leatherette. I wasn't able to cover everything without overstretching the leatherette. So I've decided to cut covers made from PMMA and print them with water dipping foil. There are many wood looks (former an error in translation) available.

IMG-20240107-WA0000.jpg.f9f4e81d49ebf1f16592a0665e7af323.jpg

Here the top of the subwoofer, a surrounding border. I'll use a 3mm sheet of PMMA.

IMG-20240107-WA0001.thumb.jpg.ebc65b53f2efaa55a85c82d4dcf9ab53.jpg

And here the front of the center console.

It will also cover the cup holder, cause I'll use a 6mm PMMA sheet.

I'm exited, how the water dipping will work.

The third area isn't visible on the photos. It's the back of the subwoofer. The leatherette is meeting there, so there is a abutting edge. To cover this, I'll use a storage net (I don't know, if this translation is correct...) and cover the back of it with felt, like the inside if the center console.

Thanks for the roses :nabble_smiley_beam:

I have three areas on the whole assembly (subwoofer+center console), that aren't covered with leatherette. I wasn't able to cover everything without overstretching the leatherette. So I've decided to cut covers made from PMMA and print them with water dipping foil. There are many wood looks (former an error in translation) available.

Here the top of the subwoofer, a surrounding border. I'll use a 3mm sheet of PMMA.

And here the front of the center console.

It will also cover the cup holder, cause I'll use a 6mm PMMA sheet.

I'm exited, how the water dipping will work.

The third area isn't visible on the photos. It's the back of the subwoofer. The leatherette is meeting there, so there is a abutting edge. To cover this, I'll use a storage net (I don't know, if this translation is correct...) and cover the back of it with felt, like the inside if the center console.

Ahhh! That makes sense. And will look good. :nabble_smiley_good:

And "storage net" both translates well and should work wonderfully! :nabble_anim_claps:

Ahhh! That makes sense. And will look good. :nabble_smiley_good:

And "storage net" both translates well and should work wonderfully! :nabble_anim_claps:

Gary, I must have accidentally assigned myself to this thread. Can you unassign me?

I couldn't figure out how to do it myself.

Gary, I must have accidentally assigned myself to this thread. Can you unassign me?

I couldn't figure out how to do it myself.

Go to the gear next to 'options' where the pages are listed at the top.

Click unsubscribe this thread

Cleck confirm.

Sorry. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Options -next to the gear- should present a drop down menu.

Thanks Jim, the option to unsubscribe isn't there, I tried to unassign earlier using edit.

Maybe it will take a bit to take effect.

Edit: Typo