Bullnose Forums

L'il Blue '83 F150 4x4

Wrote up a detail of a recent battery cable, relay and starter replacement. Put it in the resources page, but linking it since I want most of my changes to be documented here.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Noobie-Guide-to-Replacing-Battery-Cables-Starter-Relay-and-PMGR-Starter-tp138679.html

Yep, good writeup. Glad the starter saga is seemingly over. Another layer of the onion peeled. :nabble_smiley_wink:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrote up a detail of a recent battery cable, relay and starter replacement. Put it in the resources page, but linking it since I want most of my changes to be documented here.

TJ, you inserted the same diagram twice.

I think you’ll need to edit your post. I suppose this is the good one, the "PMGR" one:

2A6FA574-A4BF-4D4C-A9E7-23DDDB615C8F.jpeg.ea25a40b46dc98424eecdfde76c8bcb2.jpeg

Also, maybe the issue is on my side, but the provided link doesn’t work:

833CEF6F-19CE-49F9-A068-1F0A1096817B.jpeg.fb9909256e3a4e631c429206652786ba.jpeg

And please continue, I will subscribe to the “Noobie Guides" collection!

Can’t wait for the next one!

:nabble_smiley_wink:

TJ, you inserted the same diagram twice.

I think you’ll need to edit your post. I suppose this is the good one, the "PMGR" one:

Also, maybe the issue is on my side, but the provided link doesn’t work:

And please continue, I will subscribe to the “Noobie Guides" collection!

Can’t wait for the next one!

Jeff - You are right that he has the wrong diagram on there. But the link works for me.

• 3 months later...
You may not care whether the horn pad finish is “correct” or not… but just for the record any 80-84 truck with black weave bezels and speed control would have received a rosewood horn pad from the factory. There never was a black horn pad with speed control. 1980-84 got rosewood, 1985/86 got burl wood and 82/83 XLS got brushed aluminum. Other colors/finishes are from Econoline vans eg oak wood, leather etc.,)
Thanks Jonathan for the precision!So, if I go with the Factory Installed Speed Control, a Rosewood horn pad will respect the "As Close To Stock" line I'm trying to keep with Big Brother!:nabble_smiley_wink: :nabble_smiley_whistling:
There's a rumor that a mobile mechanic is planning to visit TJ and family around Christmas. :nabble_smiley_wink: So this post is to document what projects we might do as well as the tools & parts needed.

I've sent TJ a link to the document so he can update it with projects, and I'll update it with tools that we might need. And I've tagged him to this post as well.

But if any of y'all have suggestions as well please chime in. :nabble_waving_orig:

• 4 weeks later...

There's a rumor that a mobile mechanic is planning to visit TJ and family around Christmas […] please chime in.

Is this guy going to enter TJ’s house by the chim / ney?

LOL! No 'cause the chimney is very small. Was probably for gas logs.

I think he'll go in via the garage door.