Bullnose Forums

L'il Blue '83 F150 4x4

Hey all, this is going to be the thread I post most of the changes I make on this new project truck. I'm a total noob (other than what Ive soaked up from Gary L), so bear with me, but it might be interesting for some who are also new to read about what/how I'm learning.

Here's the "new" truck- rescued it in May 2023 from Anderson, SC, where it had been a country-boy party truck for a long while (full of dirt, hay, fishing gear, shotgun shells, cigs and beer caps :nabble_smiley_thinking:) Some rust on the body, but frame is good and no deal breakers, I'm told. The engine runs really well, sounds good, and I'm using it (sparingly) as a Daily Driver.

IMG_5044.jpeg.2973b25bd62c944ff097307b7c5e52c8.jpeg

IMG_5043.jpeg.713a18f16e6db9e7919a72f5ec42b4a4.jpeg

I'm also figuring out a plan for the restoration(?), based on what I'd like to do to it. I bought it as a possible flip opportunity, but even just a week into owning the truck, I kinda suspect that I might want to keep her around (or my son might), once I fix a few things up.

First order of business is to get it cleaned as much as possible, inside and out, so that I can assess what all needs to be done. My 12yo son and I started that this weekend, washing, vaccuming, tearing out the rotten floor pads and the bed liner, and starting a list. That list will guide the rest of this thread, as I go.

IMG_7255.jpeg.a9efc49e28b2b4be04d803a64432ffda.jpeg

IMG_7253.jpeg.455b5f6e1891a7412b45040768817976.jpeg

IMG_7257.jpeg.31c26e618e2683c7953a1205b6333a54.jpeg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texted you re the pics going sideways. But you can look at the Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's page for help there.

I just shared the document I've embedded below with you. It is on my OneDrive but you should be able to edit it to your heart's content. It is the basis for what I've loaded up in the care package.

But if you have your own and would rather use it I can easily delete this one.

After cleaning the truck a bit, the kids decided it was cool enough to take to the 5th grade graduation Luau party. She looks pretty good in a grass skirt! This is the "Aloha" Trim package.

IMG_3881.jpeg.2113982af0e2c8222050753138105163.jpeg

After cleaning the truck a bit, the kids decided it was cool enough to take to the 5th grade graduation Luau party. She looks pretty good in a grass skirt! This is the "Aloha" Trim package.

I LOVE IT!!!! And it appears the kids do as well given the smiles. Plus, I noticed that your wife was smiling quite nicely in the other pics, which I took to mean she was having fun as well.

Texted you re the pics going sideways. But you can look at the Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's page for help there.

I just shared the document I've embedded below with you. It is on my OneDrive but you should be able to edit it to your heart's content. It is the basis for what I've loaded up in the care package.

But if you have your own and would rather use it I can easily delete this one.

IMG_7259.jpeg.c28245709f2aae8765afd5e612687645.jpegGot an extra gas pedal? Found that that this one is cracked while cleaning. If not, I can get one pretty easily, I think.

Just added it to the list :nabble_anim_working:

Found this one. Took a picture to show here and realized how dirty it was, so cleaned it. Found that the scrub brushes from the NICU work very nicely. And they are 11 years old. :nabble_smiley_wink:

The spring is just in case yours went AWOL when the original pedal cracked.

Keep those cards and letters coming in as the box isn't full yet. And I just added a driver's arm rest. This one is black but is in far better shape than yours, and if you paint interior pieces...

Gas_Pedal_For_LilBlue.jpg.efcc6f8c32ce269cd300e7ac81aca0b1.jpg

Love it, so funny pict! The twins had fun dressing Li'l Blue, for sure :nabble_anim_claps:

I can't say if Bullnose Enthousiam is genetically transmitted or not, but they have a wide smile each time they're sitting in a (Blue) truck, Big or Li'l!

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Love it, so funny pict! The twins had fun dressing Li'l Blue, for sure :nabble_anim_claps:

I can't say if Bullnose Enthousiam is genetically transmitted or not, but they have a wide smile each time they're sitting in a (Blue) truck, Big or Li'l!

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Yes, glad you mentioned Big Blue. Don't forget they've driven him, twice so far. Oh yes, they rode in Rusty and were upset when he was sold to make room for BB. And they've played in the shop many, many times, which is where my treasure trove of parts is stored and two Bullnoses are kept. So if there are any Bullnose cooties floating around in those places they've been bitten.

Yes, glad you mentioned Big Blue. Don't forget they've driven him, twice so far. Oh yes, they rode in Rusty and were upset when he was sold to make room for BB. And they've played in the shop many, many times, which is where my treasure trove of parts is stored and two Bullnoses are kept. So if there are any Bullnose cooties floating around in those places they've been bitten.

TJ - Via text message you asked about a Bullnose steering wheel, matching horn pad, and horn. Let's discuss those here, in reverse order.

I saw your horn on the driver's side front of the engine compartment, right behind the radiator. There should be a Y/LG H wire going to it, and to translate from EVTM-speak that is yellow with a light-green hash mark. But given that the oil pressure sending unit wire was unplugged it is possible that the horn wire is as well. Or that Fuse 16, which is a 20A fuse that also serves the cigar lighter, is blown. Or the horn relay is bad or disconnected. But you can test the horn by connecting 12V from the battery to the terminal on it where the Y/LG H wire goes.

As for the horn pad, there are two types - with and without speed control switches. Since you have speed control you want the switches. But there are also black ones and Rosewood ones. And since your instrument and radio bezels are black, not Rosewood, you probably want a black horn pad. But I don't have a black one. I do, however, have a used-but-good Rosewood one and you could paint over the Rosewood. Or, if someone out there has a black one you could go that way as the Rosewood ones in decent condition are sought after.

And now for the steering wheel. Again there are two styles - skinny and fat. The skinny one feels odd to me but a guy at church today said he prefers them. I like the padded/fat ones as it fills the palm of my hand better. The skinny one is 5/8" thick and the padded one is 15/16" thick, with a pic below.

But I need some guidance here. What do you prefer on the wheel? And how about the horn pad? Plus, have you tested the horn?

Thin_vs_Padded_Steering_Wheels.thumb.jpg.bc7a27ee8771b6eee347b16283af5d4c.jpgSteering_Wheels__Rosewood_Horn_Pad.thumb.jpg.d86c358182024145ff2450f252cc3cb6.jpg