Bullnose Forums

Gas door bumpers

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, but I thought that you were still searching some for your needs.

Maybe my “wrong ones” could have been the ones you’re looking for.

According to Gary's post C22 A is a type1 bumper 3/8 high with a 5/16 stem.

Rubber_Bumper.jpg.f7076dcdd4c37c1749480d911a802fae.jpg

I wish Auveco listed dimensions like the Ford catalog does.

https://www.auveco.com/general-purpose/ford-rubber-bumpers-4258

4258_1-B.jpg.b5e2cd9ea9d5957068c29488a2e99c7e.jpg

Yep, but I thought that you were still searching some for your needs.

Maybe my “wrong ones” could have been the ones you’re looking for.

Jeff-Jim, thank you for your input. It is always welcomed. I’m old school and “I will dance with the one that brought me.” Since Keith is willing to correct this problem, I’ll stick with him to come up with correct #’s and parts. I just bought door panels from LMC and need to know how to prepare them for painting. Any ideas? Thank you guys, CJ

Jeff-Jim, thank you for your input. It is always welcomed. I’m old school and “I will dance with the one that brought me.” Since Keith is willing to correct this problem, I’ll stick with him to come up with correct #’s and parts. I just bought door panels from LMC and need to know how to prepare them for painting. Any ideas? Thank you guys, CJ

Gary has a complete tutorial, but I'm on my phone and at work....

On top of that you might do a search for threads mentioning SEM and plastic prep.

Maybe I can look tonight

I think you went into one of you eight page micro analysis when you prepped a bunch of parts for Big Blue (but I'm not going to wade through 500 pages to find it on my phone)

Scott spells it out pretty well!

Me? Eight pages? Surely not! :nabble_smiley_evil:

Actually, there are usually other rabbit-hunts in the midst of those. So Scott's is much better - all in one. :nabble_smiley_wink:

• 2 months later...

Me? Eight pages? Surely not! :nabble_smiley_evil:

Actually, there are usually other rabbit-hunts in the midst of those. So Scott's is much better - all in one. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I didn't read every post carefully, so someone may have touched on this already. The bumper you want is 378359-S, not 354860-S. 354860 is the bumper on the hinge that softens the stop when opening the door, not the one that it rests on when closed...