Bullnose Forums

Junkyard Musings and Questions...

Rembrant

Hate to see them stacked like that.

Usually means the short line to the crusher.

I dropped by again yesterday to see if they moved the old Bullnose out into the yard yet, and no dice. It's still sitting in the "pending" pile.

IMG_6265.jpg.e5d846688e6077a672ba633f89068117.jpg

I asked one of the guys there, and he said it's going to be there for a while (a long while). They're swamped with vehicles, have nowhere to put them, and they've been busy for the past couple months crushing the "dirty" VW TDI scandal cars.

IMG_6261.jpg.c0f59e4ce8ccb114fa0926d014db1f40.jpg

It seems so weird to me to be taking these cars that don't even have a scratch on them straight to the crusher. Truckloads of them, one after another. It's like one of those things I just can't watch...lol.

Hate to see them stacked like that.

Usually means the short line to the crusher.

I dropped by again yesterday to see if they moved the old Bullnose out into the yard yet, and no dice. It's still sitting in the "pending" pile.

I asked one of the guys there, and he said it's going to be there for a while (a long while). They're swamped with vehicles, have nowhere to put them, and they've been busy for the past couple months crushing the "dirty" VW TDI scandal cars.

It seems so weird to me to be taking these cars that don't even have a scratch on them straight to the crusher. Truckloads of them, one after another. It's like one of those things I just can't watch...lol.

I agree - I couldn't watch. Just something wrong with crushing a pristine vehicle.

I agree - I couldn't watch. Just something wrong with crushing a pristine vehicle.

And why I could not work at a place like that.

I look at that car and say "why not pull the other good parts then crush the frame & motor"?

Dave ----

Same reason they had to put sand into the CashForClunkers engines, and crush whatever hadn't been sold after a few months - legal stipulations, which don't give them enough time to strip every vehicle that comes in, and there's apparently not enough demand for those VW parts to hire more grease monkeys.

On the way back from the pick n pull this morning, I ended up having to take a detour due to an issue on the highway (18 wheeler on fire). Anyway, I ended up driving by a junkyard that I haven't been to in forever. They didn't have any Bullnoses, but they did have some F600 trucks.

Can somebody remind me, can these clusters be used in the Bullnose trucks?

This one, an old fire truck, the guy told me was a 1982 with a gas engine. 4500 RPM tach.

EDIT: Ran the VIN and the truck is a 1985 F800 with a 429ci gas engine.

IMG_6352.jpg.d946c69c98ba72389aa5d0aa789cc22d.jpg

IMG_6353.jpg.76263df0ed5a90a4020c913995acab8a.jpg

The truck below was a little bit newer...1986 I think, with a diesel, and 3500 RPM tach.

Edit: Checked the VIN and this truck was an 86 F800 with 8.2L diesel.

IMG_6358.jpg.4595ce2e46d367252de35b311a4670c6.jpg

I know neither cluster is any good to me with my 302, but I'm wondering if they'll work in other lower RPM trucks...like 300/6 or Diesel?

On the way back from the pick n pull this morning, I ended up having to take a detour due to an issue on the highway (18 wheeler on fire). Anyway, I ended up driving by a junkyard that I haven't been to in forever. They didn't have any Bullnoses, but they did have some F600 trucks.

Can somebody remind me, can these clusters be used in the Bullnose trucks?

This one, an old fire truck, the guy told me was a 1982 with a gas engine. 4500 RPM tach.

EDIT: Ran the VIN and the truck is a 1985 F800 with a 429ci gas engine.

The truck below was a little bit newer...1986 I think, with a diesel, and 3500 RPM tach.

Edit: Checked the VIN and this truck was an 86 F800 with 8.2L diesel.

I know neither cluster is any good to me with my 302, but I'm wondering if they'll work in other lower RPM trucks...like 300/6 or Diesel?

I'm pretty sure they will work. And, if you aren't interested in the bezel under the steering column with the knob and light then I sure would.

I'm pretty sure they will work. And, if you aren't interested in the bezel under the steering column with the knob and light then I sure would.

Gary,

Consider it done man. I'll grab it next time I go by. I might grab one or both of the clusters if they're worth anything at all.

Gary,

Consider it done man. I'll grab it next time I go by. I might grab one or both of the clusters if they're worth anything at all.

Thanks! Just let me know how much it is and how much shipping is.

Thanks! Just let me know how much it is and how much shipping is.

The 4500 RPM tach is the one I have in my truck. The 3500 RPM is Diesel only. The instruments are interchangeable, but the cluster is shaped differently down where the steering column is.

The door panels and dash pads look good.

Don't forget the "A" pillar moldings as they are being sought by many.

Since the gas one is automatic, you might want to look at the floor mat. If not worn, it might be a candidate for a swap into your truck?