Bullnose Forums

1981 Ford F100 door locks

Anything works. I just want to get locks on my doors

Taden, I'm thinking I will just mail you the whole set for both doors, that way you will for sure have everything you need and you will have a set of latches outside of the truck to look at that will help you figure out how the rods connect. I don't believe the usps is open today (Columbus Day Federal holiday), but I will try to get the parts sent out tomorrow.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything works. I just want to get locks on my doors
Taden, I'm thinking I will just mail you the whole set for both doors, that way you will for sure have everything you need and you will have a set of latches outside of the truck to look at that will help you figure out how the rods connect. I don't believe the usps is open today (Columbus Day Federal holiday), but I will try to get the parts sent out tomorrow.
Okay sweet! Thanks!

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 1:42 PM Ford F834 [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

If you are interested in having just one key, I did a writeup on another forum, but I will be transferring it over here because it is relevant to what many want to do with their keys. I will have to find where I put it again, but it has all the info for making the ignition key the one to use.

• 1 year later...

So just for clarification, you are looking for the door latch/locking mechanism for a 80/81 truck with slide locks? 21812 in the diagram:

How soon do you need them? I have a 1981 F150 with slide locks that I will be converting to pin locks. I already purchased the pin lock parts, I just need to find time to install them. If you are not in a huge rush I will be more than happy to let you have the slide lock parts that come out of my truck for the price of shipping them to you. Do you need the rods and linkages as well? I assume mine has them, but I have not opened up the doors. All I know is that the plastics slide locks themselves are missing and as neat and unique as they are I just don't feel like messing with that style of lock.

Do you still have the sliders for the door locks? One of them busted on my 1981 F150. I'm also replacing the door panels and have to decide whether to try to locate a replacement slider (they seem pretty rare) or go with pin locks. I understand that the rod and pin will fit on the latch (21812), but that it will work backwards (up is lock, down is open) unless I replace the latches. Anyway, as I'm sure you experienced, there's a trickle-down effect on a seemingly simple replacement.

So, if you still have at least one of the sliders (I have the rod still), let me know. If not, any clues where I might find one?

Thanks.

Taden, did you ever get the slider you needed? I have an 81 F150 and just one of my sliders is missing, so I'm looking for the slider that mounts on the inside door panel; I still have the rod. Let me know if you ended up with an extra slider. Thanks.

Taden, did you ever get the slider you needed? I have an 81 F150 and just one of my sliders is missing, so I'm looking for the slider that mounts on the inside door panel; I still have the rod. Let me know if you ended up with an extra slider. Thanks.

Someone, LMC or Denis Carpenter, not long ago was selling the slider lock part.

I should have bought them as I have none at all.

Maybe I will go looking and buy them as I have Bday money just given to me ;)

Dave ----

Someone, LMC or Denis Carpenter, not long ago was selling the slider lock part.

I should have bought them as I have none at all.

Maybe I will go looking and buy them as I have Bday money just given to me ;)

Dave ----

Yep, it was Dennis Carpenter. Has a bunch of LH ones, but only 1 RH one (in my shopping basket right now). Thanks.