Bullnose Forums

1981 Ford F100 door locks

Taden - Please don't start a new thread/topic for posts about the same thing. I moved your two new threads/topics into this thread/topic so we can keep all posts about the same thing, meaning your lock problems, together.

Anyway, here's Taden's pic of one door beside the illustration. I think what is needed is what is shown in the red oval, meaning the lock cylinder & key combo (21984), the cylinder retainer (22023), and the latch rod retainer (21952). Do you guys agree?

Tadens_Door_Lock_Linkage.thumb.jpg.0a9ab2d91c3245603036c99dc39d9c12.jpg

Door_Lock_Illustration.thumb.jpg.db6d817071c750ec9c5c0bfcb3e8f30f.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taden - Please don't start a new thread/topic for posts about the same thing. I moved your two new threads/topics into this thread/topic so we can keep all posts about the same thing, meaning your lock problems, together. Anyway, here's Taden's pic of one door beside the illustration. I think what is needed is what is shown in the red oval, meaning the lock cylinder & key combo (21984), the cylinder retainer (22023), and the latch rod retainer (21952). Do you guys agree?
That's the side with the slider already in it. The other one is completely empty but has number 21812

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 5:17 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

I'm getting lost. I've rotated the pictures to get my head around them. But, I thought you were going to create a list of what you need. What happened to that? Can you create a list of the parts you need?Driver's door:Passenger's door:
That's the thing in that picture I don't know if I am missing all the little pieces that go to 21812

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 5:41 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Taden - Jonathan/Ford F834 will be here this weekend and we will see what we can put together for you. It will be next week some time to get you an answer. But if you don't see something from us please don't hesitate to ask.
Sounds good! Thanks so much for the help it means a lot!

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 8:44 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

I'm getting lost. I've rotated the pictures to get my head around them. But, I thought you were going to create a list of what you need. What happened to that? Can you create a list of the parts you need.

Passenger's door:

http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/file/n1497/Tadens_Passengers_Door.jpg

Gary,

It looks like he has all the rods.

Just needs cylinders, clips and the 21952 plastic retainer.

Like I said, locks are available on Amazon and Dorman/HELP has the retainers.

I'm getting lost. I've rotated the pictures to get my head around them. But, I thought you were going to create a list of what you need. What happened to that? Can you create a list of the parts you need.

Passenger's door:

http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/file/n1497/Tadens_Passengers_Door.jpg

Gary,

It looks like he has all the rods.

Just needs cylinders, clips and the 21952 plastic retainer.

Like I said, locks are available on Amazon and Dorman/HELP has the retainers.

Thanks, Jim.