Bullnose Forums

Repairing my Harbor Freight Shop Crane...

JimJam300

Gents,

The hydraulic actuator on my 2 ton shop crane has developed a leak and is no longer functional. I did not have any luck finding replacement parts, and if there were I'd be wary of using the same cheap stuff that failed in the first place. Does anyone have a brand recommendation for a replacement part? I'm wary about buying something that is unsafe.

Currently eyeballing this one

What do you mean "failed"?

Is it just an O-ring???

I'd usually look to Northern or one of the Ag store chains for something like that, but Amazon has a good price and says 'tomorrow' so....

I replaced the HF one on my shop crane with another from HF. It works but leaks past the shutoff valve slowly so the next morning the load is on the ground. But it works.

Is it just an O-ring???

I'd usually look to Northern or one of the Ag store chains for something like that, but Amazon has a good price and says 'tomorrow' so....

It could be, I haven't taken any time to look at it yet.

Is it just an O-ring???

It could be, I haven't taken any time to look at it yet.

Mine leaked through the pump actuator. I figured I'd open it up to see if it truly was a bad gasket... IMG_2567.jpeg.4f8dec1284b86b24fc39401c35c14e74.jpeg

All the gaskets are really hard, but only the o-ring for the shutoff valve looks bad. I'll replace the o-rings and see what happens.

Mine leaked through the pump actuator. I figured I'd open it up to see if it truly was a bad gasket...

All the gaskets are really hard, but only the o-ring for the shutoff valve looks bad. I'll replace the o-rings and see what happens.

I’ll bet that will fix it. :nabble_smiley_good:

I’ll bet that will fix it. :nabble_smiley_good:

Replaced the pump actuator o-ring with a #31 NBR o-ring. It was not the exact size I needed but it worked. There is still an extremely slight leak. We'll see how well it does loaded up...

I'm not knowledgeable on anything hydraulic, so thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Jim.

Replaced the pump actuator o-ring with a #31 NBR o-ring. It was not the exact size I needed but it worked. There is still an extremely slight leak. We'll see how well it does loaded up...

I'm not knowledgeable on anything hydraulic, so thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Jim.

:nabble_anim_claps: