Bullnose Forums

HELP! Fuel selector valve wiring

Jim - Thanks for putting that together.

Charles - I do hope someone on here has installed one of the valves from LMC because if it isn't the valve Ford supplied then there's no way to how to wire it unless it comes with instructions. That being the case I've tagged Keith Dickson/FORDification, who is Mr Ford to LMC. Maybe they normally send the instructions but didn't in your case?

But if LMC supplied the same valve as Wild Horse Four Wheel then can't you use their wiring diagram?

Gary, LMC emailed the instructions to me and they are identical to Wild Horses 4x4 as dual tanks were installed in Broncos for a few years. I decided to use their method and not butcher the existing system. I will unplug from switch and install new wire in socket, run all new wire to tanks. I will let you know how it goes when it quits raining, Thanks for your help. Charles

Gary, LMC emailed the instructions to me and they are identical to Wild Horses 4x4 as dual tanks were installed in Broncos for a few years. I decided to use their method and not butcher the existing system. I will unplug from switch and install new wire in socket, run all new wire to tanks. I will let you know how it goes when it quits raining, Thanks for your help. Charles

Dual tanks were installed in some early '70's Bronco's.

They used a whole different frame/body/interior.

Bullnose Bronco's have the rear window switch where P/U trucks have the tank selector.

Due to the Bronco's shorter wheelbase Ford couldn't fit even the shortbed 16 gallon midship tank.

The SMP FV1T is a cheap ($32 Amazon or Summit) universal valve that uses a single power + ground and wires the same as your truck.

You'd need to snip off 674 Br/W and 57 Bk to replace them with ring terminals where ground would go to one of the mounting screws of the valve.

Be very careful tightening the selector wire to the solenoid because the plastic housing will crack without warning.

Good luck! :nabble_smiley_good:

• 2 weeks later...

Dual tanks were installed in some early '70's Bronco's.

They used a whole different frame/body/interior.

Bullnose Bronco's have the rear window switch where P/U trucks have the tank selector.

Due to the Bronco's shorter wheelbase Ford couldn't fit even the shortbed 16 gallon midship tank.

The SMP FV1T is a cheap ($32 Amazon or Summit) universal valve that uses a single power + ground and wires the same as your truck.

You'd need to snip off 674 Br/W and 57 Bk to replace them with ring terminals where ground would go to one of the mounting screws of the valve.

Be very careful tightening the selector wire to the solenoid because the plastic housing will crack without warning.

Good luck! :nabble_smiley_good:

Jim, followed your advice and alls well with the new front tank, tore out rear tank and cleaning up to install new rear tank. It will just plug and play now. Fingers crossed. Thanks much. CJ

Jim, followed your advice and alls well with the new front tank, tore out rear tank and cleaning up to install new rear tank. It will just plug and play now. Fingers crossed. Thanks much. CJ

I'm glad to hear it's working for you Charles. :nabble_smiley_good:

Hope your new rear tank swaps in just as well.