Bullnose Forums

5 Of The Best Engines Ever Put In A Ford Truck

if they do I hope they bring lots of maple syrup and bacon - their kind. We can have pancakes and pizza.

With ham and pineapple??? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

That may be a lot of things, and it may be good, but to this someone (who's spent a lifetime enjoying true New Haven style pizza) it's NOT pizza... :nabble_smiley_argh:

Missed that, Jim. But I'm not sure that that the places that has been making pizza for the longest time would agree with what you consider to be pizza. One of those places is L'antica Pizzeria da Michele in Naples - Italy, not Florida. The MICHELIN Guide’s Point Of View is:

This is one of the oldest and best pizzerias in Naples. Founded in 1870, Da Michele issues numbered tickets to diners to ensure that the restaurant doesn’t get too busy. It doesn’t take long to make your choice: the only two pizzas served are the marinara (tomato, origan and garlic) and margherita (tomato and mozzarella). Open 10am-11pm.

Janey and I had the margherita pizza and I can say it was the best pizza I've ever had, and I've had a lot of it. A few days after we got home we stopped into our local Italian restaurant and the waiter said "If you don't see what you want on the menu just tell me and I'll bet the cook can make it." Knowing the cook, and owner, is from Sicily I said "I want a margherita pizza just like I had at Da Michele's last week." He later told me he knew exactly what I was asking for, having had it himself, but he cannot recreate it. Doesn't have the "right" ingredients. Not sure I understand that, but then I'm not a cook so what do I know?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if they do I hope they bring lots of maple syrup and bacon - their kind. We can have pancakes and pizza.

With ham and pineapple??? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

That may be a lot of things, and it may be good, but to this someone (who's spent a lifetime enjoying true New Haven style pizza) it's NOT pizza... :nabble_smiley_argh:

Missed that, Jim. But I'm not sure that that the places that has been making pizza for the longest time would agree with what you consider to be pizza. One of those places is L'antica Pizzeria da Michele in Naples - Italy, not Florida. The MICHELIN Guide’s Point Of View is:

This is one of the oldest and best pizzerias in Naples. Founded in 1870, Da Michele issues numbered tickets to diners to ensure that the restaurant doesn’t get too busy. It doesn’t take long to make your choice: the only two pizzas served are the marinara (tomato, origan and garlic) and margherita (tomato and mozzarella). Open 10am-11pm.

Janey and I had the margherita pizza and I can say it was the best pizza I've ever had, and I've had a lot of it. A few days after we got home we stopped into our local Italian restaurant and the waiter said "If you don't see what you want on the menu just tell me and I'll bet the cook can make it." Knowing the cook, and owner, is from Sicily I said "I want a margherita pizza just like I had at Da Michele's last week." He later told me he knew exactly what I was asking for, having had it himself, but he cannot recreate it. Doesn't have the "right" ingredients. Not sure I understand that, but then I'm not a cook so what do I know?

Go to Naples and ask for pineapple. ! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

In Sicily I can get fresh figs on a pie, and certainly prosciutto. (but probably not in Naples)

In Italy pizza Magherita is DOP*. (Of protected origin) just like you can't have 'Champagne' or 'Bordeaux' or 'Cognac' if it isn't from there and of grapes from there, and made is a specific way.

I'm just as proud of these European's remaining true to their ways as I am of Kentucky distillers upholding standards for Bourbon. (51% or more corn mash, new charred oak barrels, distilled no higher than 160 proof, casked no higher than 125 and aged for an absolute minimum of 2 years)

Hey, I've rather enjoyed Hawaiian 'pie' but I have a real hard time accepting it is pizza. :nabble_anim_rules:

*** I'm not sure what my phone is doing! :nabble_smiley_blush:

Go to Naples and ask for pineapple. ! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

In Sicily I can get fresh figs on a pie, and certainly prosciutto. (but probably not in Naples)

In Italy pizza Magherita is DOP*. (Of protected origin) just like you can't have 'Champagne' or 'Bordeaux' or 'Cognac' if it isn't from there and of grapes from there, and made is a specific way.

I'm just as proud of these European's remaining true to their ways as I am of Kentucky distillers upholding standards for Bourbon. (51% or more corn mash, new charred oak barrels, distilled no higher than 160 proof, casked no higher than 125 and aged for an absolute minimum of 2 years)

Hey, I've rather enjoyed Hawaiian 'pie' but I have a real hard time accepting it is pizza. :nabble_anim_rules:

*** I'm not sure what my phone is doing! :nabble_smiley_blush:

I asked for pineapple at Malnati's in Chicago and thought I was going to get thrown out. But I still love their pizza. Didn't ask in Naples as I already knew.

Yes, I appreciate that people are true to standards/traditions. That's what makes travel interesting.

Yes, I agree that it deserves to be on the list. But I don't know if it is better than the 3.5L EB. They are very different engines, with the EB getting its power down low - similar to a diesel. I think the Coyote likes to rev and gets its power higher in the band.

IMO they coyote is a great car engine, but not a great truck engine. It's similar to the 306 in my F250, lots of power once you get it spinning but not much down low. The 3.5 is the better "truck" engine of the pair, and with just a tune it beats the pants off a 5.0