Bullnose Forums

It won't stop...I'm helpless!

Rene' that is correct, the first EFI heads for the 5.0L are some of the worst flowing heads Ford ever used. One of the upgrades in the 70s was to put 351W heads on, I seem to recall using special head bolts or some hardened washers as the 351 uses 1/2" head bolts and the 302 uses 7/16" head bolts.

Years ago I built a 302 up for the 1970 1/2 Falcon station wagon we had. I used a pair of 1965 289 4 barrel heads, and the matching intake, 351W exhaust manifolds and front section of the dual exhaust for a 1969 Torino 351 4 barrel, the remainder of the dual exhaust was for a 1970 351C 4 barrel.

My late wife blew the 2nd gear band on the C4, so I found a Windsor bolt pattern C6 and a slightly higher stall speed torque converter. While I was at it, a friend had a 1970 Torino wagon he was scrapping, power steering, front disc brakes, AC system and magic doorgate ended up on the Falcon along with the third row seat.

It's done! I'm opening a new threat, cause I have (how should it be different...) some new questions.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic