Bullnose Forums

Getting ready for the road

C.Jett

I am planning a "potential" and really "uncertain" road trip with Big Bro this late summer. I decided to put a new fuel pump, and I'll keep the "old" one in the glove box.

We never know...

Jeff, you never know is right. Mine quit overnight. In your glove box?? I don’t even have room for gloves in mine.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Cut it out guys, my great grandkids are on here!

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

An opportunity to give 'em a bit of 60's culture!

Frank Sinatra (1966):

French version Jacques Brel (1968):

Or, more recent version, for modern people:

Enjoy!

:nabble_smiley_wink:

706BC1E5-6A95-4EF6-9508-86BE3494041E.jpeg.9e14b7bcb6bc802e5ef3aa3ccc3b40f5.jpeg Rear tank is rusty at front, which catches dirt and water, that’s why I apply 3M undercoat. Al new wiring, new transfer valve and switch.87145042-5407-4085-86C7-6C80F55DF42E.jpeg.d67de98067daca866eaaeb3ae0c81d3b.jpegCleaned, treated and painted frame where tank goes. Used double sided tape to hold anti-squeak in place. Coated top of tank with 3M undercoat, Coated bottom of tank with two coats of paint because of spare tire fits tight and might pick up some undercoat if used on bottom. Added ten gallons of gas and gauge reads 1/4 tank??? O LORD Mr. Ford.! I’ll take a break before I break something. New hose.new sender and new vent. CJ

Rear tank is rusty at front, which catches dirt and water, that’s why I apply 3M undercoat. Al new wiring, new transfer valve and switch.Cleaned, treated and painted frame where tank goes. Used double sided tape to hold anti-squeak in place. Coated top of tank with 3M undercoat, Coated bottom of tank with two coats of paint because of spare tire fits tight and might pick up some undercoat if used on bottom. Added ten gallons of gas and gauge reads 1/4 tank??? O LORD Mr. Ford.! I’ll take a break before I break something. New hose.new sender and new vent. CJ

Jerry Reed - Lord Mr. Ford. :nabble_anim_claps:

----------------

The factory Ford sending units for our trucks can be wonky like that. Aftermarket tend to be worse in my opinion as some are copies of the Factory ones.

Jerry Reed - Lord Mr. Ford. :nabble_anim_claps:

----------------

The factory Ford sending units for our trucks can be wonky like that. Aftermarket tend to be worse in my opinion as some are copies of the Factory ones.

You may have kelp me from breaking something, thanks. The description at old tank should have said “rust at the front also”. You are looking at the rear in the photo. I guess I’ll just take wonky and just keep on trucking. CJ