Bullnose Forums

AC delete

Ifitaintbroke

Not sure I'm in the right sub-forum, but yes you read that right. I'm deleting an AC system that worked completely fine. What I want to know is, has anyone done this before? What would it take to install the floor vents and make them work, and also the climate control switch assembly thing?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes you read that right. I'm deleting an AC system that worked completely fine.

Are you moving to Quebec?

:nabble_smiley_wink:

More seriously, I cannot help you since Big Brother never had AC system.

I live in Quebec.

:nabble_smiley_happy:

Pretty sure some forum friends will have the required knowledge to help you.

I suggest that Gary moves your question into a specifically created topic, otherwise it will "disappear" in the «Projects» one.

yes you read that right. I'm deleting an AC system that worked completely fine.

Are you moving to Quebec?

:nabble_smiley_wink:

More seriously, I cannot help you since Big Brother never had AC system.

I live in Quebec.

:nabble_smiley_happy:

Pretty sure some forum friends will have the required knowledge to help you.

I suggest that Gary moves your question into a specifically created topic, otherwise it will "disappear" in the «Projects» one.

That sounds like a good idea. And no I don't plan on moving to Quebec. I have a lot of French Canadian of both sides of my family though. I admit that removing a working air conditioning system in South Georgia is kind of strange.

That sounds like a good idea. And no I don't plan on moving to Quebec. I have a lot of French Canadian of both sides of my family though. I admit that removing a working air conditioning system in South Georgia is kind of strange.

well, you really need a standard system from one that is being converted to a factory ac.

I'll trade with someone. Everything works, though the condenser did have a little "moisture exposure" (rain).

I'm certain that I can come up with a system of heat /vent only but are you sure you want ac delete in s Georgia? I rarely use ac as I love the windows down. all summer. but I have a car for family that will always have ac if I can help it.

I'm certain that I can come up with a system of heat /vent only but are you sure you want ac delete in s Georgia? I rarely use ac as I love the windows down. all summer. but I have a car for family that will always have ac if I can help it.

I really don't use AC. You get used to it. I mainly just want to know if it's possible to add in the floor vents without taking the whole dash out, and how to change out the control thingy. I know how to get it out (done that multiple times) but what all will I need to do the swap? Hopefully someone who has gone the other way might have some input.

I really don't use AC. You get used to it. I mainly just want to know if it's possible to add in the floor vents without taking the whole dash out, and how to change out the control thingy. I know how to get it out (done that multiple times) but what all will I need to do the swap? Hopefully someone who has gone the other way might have some input.

If they are the vents I'm thinking of, you just remove the kick panel and the vent access panel underneath. Make sure to have a shop vac handy.