Bullnose Forums

Hey guys!

I've been using the documentation and reading the forum for about three years now and finally decided to join. First of all, a huge thank you to Gary and everyone else who helped put the documentation together. I could not have gotten anywhere near where I am now on this truck without it. And now to the truck.

1986 f250, 460, 4x4, zf5 swap in progress, desmogged. I've been building this truck for about three years now. It started out as "just get the stupid thing running" and has kind of turned into "how much money can I possibly spend on this". Pulling the motor this week for some "modifications" if you know what I mean.

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Your truck sounds a lot like Big Blue. I think you'll the 460/ZF5 combo. I really do. But what mod's are you thinking of?

Also, we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city/state or zip.

I've been building this truck for about three years now. It started out as "just get the stupid thing running" and has kind of turned into "how much money can I possibly spend on this". Pulling the motor this week for some "modifications" if you know what I mean.

Wecome to our Bullnose Family! Laughed when I read this.... ""how much money can I possibly spend on this""! You, my friend, are one of many here! Mine started out much the same way then morphed into a trophy truck! It's parked in the shop now, not driven in the rain, and no longer used for moving other peoples stuff.

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Your truck sounds a lot like Big Blue. I think you'll the 460/ZF5 combo. I really do. But what mod's are you thinking of?

Also, we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city/state or zip.

Well, I'm holding off on most of the details till I'm completely sure what I'm doing, but let's just say a lot cast iron is fixin to be aluminum. To answer Machspeed, I'm going with a full rotating assembly from Scat. 9000 series cast steel crank, I-beam rods, 0.040 over Mahle 39cc dish pistons. Compression should be around 8.8. Target cube size will be 547. Got the motor pulled just a bit ago and it's sitting in the garage. Debating what induction setup I want. Going back and forth between single and dual quad. If I get really crazy there's also some Weber eight stacks out there too...