Bullnose Forums

3D Printer Phone Holder.

Powerman5K

Hey folks. I've been looking for a way to secure my phone while driving and decided to custom make a holder to go in the little nook on the right on the driver.

Being an High School Engineering teacher, I naturally used it as a class design challenge. Students drew it using Fusion360 then we 3D printed the file.

After printing it, I sprayed it with Flex Seal. This gave it a mat black look but more importantly, a protective rubber coating.

The end result is this. I'm very happy with how it turned out. I am able to use my phone for navigation especially since my new radio has Bluetooth. It does not interfere with me while driving and gives that little nook purpose for once!

If anyone is interested in the file, let me know and I'll share it with you.

20230305_121507.jpg.fc4933f2baf5e2ce74503d8dd82cc79e.jpg20230305_121504.jpg.f6f743fa0b4df16e763b28393f033a19.jpg20230305_121448.jpg.6632d9424eaa6fa9c3ff5a6be43e2800.jpg20230305_121439.jpg.bbca05c29afcdc0cd16784928ac64dd9.jpg20230305_121435.jpg.afdec446308eda88d38efff57e5ff554.jpg20230305_121430.jpg.17040f665c89631002d1e86577d786ab.jpg

I use mine for a TPMS receiver.

But I agree, still pretty cool. :nabble_smiley_cool:

I like it! And I think you can upload the file in this thread. But we need to create a place to put 3D printing files so people don't have to comb through threads to find them. Suggestions?

I like it! And I think you can upload the file in this thread. But we need to create a place to put 3D printing files so people don't have to comb through threads to find them. Suggestions?

New_New_Car_Holder_v1.stl

Above is the file. Let me know if it worked. It is an STL file so it should load straight into a "slicer" of your choosing.

I made it big enough to accommodate a variety of phones and cases. The slot in the middle is for a charging cable. It has worked well for me. I made a prototype out of cardboard and used it for a couple months before I printed this one. It worked just as well if you don't have access to a printer. If you spray painted the cardboard black, it would look a little better.

That's pretty cool. Good job. :nabble_anim_claps:

I'm sure people would find that really useful.

But I use that nook to hold my cassette tapes. :nabble_smiley_happy:

That is pretty cool I just throw my phone on the seat.

If I am using it for Google Maps I turn the volume up al the way and just glance at it for the next turn.

I use my cubby for the garage door opener.

I dont want to put dents in the new visor and others can see it up there and grab it.

Cant really see it in the hole unless you look.

At the cruse in Saturday we got talking about cup holders as the older cars & trucks dont have any.

A car club member that has a 72 VW super bug removed the ash tray cut down a 2x4 to fit in the slot for the tray and had 2 cup holders screwed to the end. Even had a little pocket between the holders for something maybe pens? Painted black and it fit right in, could slide it out if need be.

Dave ----

New_New_Car_Holder_v1.stl

Above is the file. Let me know if it worked. It is an STL file so it should load straight into a "slicer" of your choosing.

I made it big enough to accommodate a variety of phones and cases. The slot in the middle is for a charging cable. It has worked well for me. I made a prototype out of cardboard and used it for a couple months before I printed this one. It worked just as well if you don't have access to a printer. If you spray painted the cardboard black, it would look a little better.

I got it downloaded, thanks! I don't have a printer but I know someone who does :nabble_smiley_happy:

That is pretty cool I just throw my phone on the seat.

If I am using it for Google Maps I turn the volume up al the way and just glance at it for the next turn.

I use my cubby for the garage door opener.

I dont want to put dents in the new visor and others can see it up there and grab it.

Cant really see it in the hole unless you look.

At the cruse in Saturday we got talking about cup holders as the older cars & trucks dont have any.

A car club member that has a 72 VW super bug removed the ash tray cut down a 2x4 to fit in the slot for the tray and had 2 cup holders screwed to the end. Even had a little pocket between the holders for something maybe pens? Painted black and it fit right in, could slide it out if need be.

Dave ----

Our cup depressions on the back of the glove box isn't that great is it, :nabble_smiley_happy: