Bullnose Forums

Finally Aftermarket AC Systems for 1980-1986 F-Series

Rembrant

Don't know if anybody happened to see this posted on Facebook earlier today, but it looks like Vintage Air released an aftermarket AC system to retrofit into AC equipped, and non-AC Bullnose trucks. This is very cool, and it looks like a really nice kit. I wish it was available when I had my '84 Flareside.

https://www.vintageair.com/surefit/complete-kits/?make=Ford&year1=1980&model=F%20Series

Kits for inline 6 and V8, and nice instructions also.

Don't know if anybody happened to see this [...] but it looks like Vintage Air released an aftermarket AC system to retrofit into AC equipped, and non-AC Bullnose trucks.

Yep, saw it and found it very interesting!

But looking at the price (2K$ US, something around 2700$ CAD), I told to myself that I could wait a bit, for the moment Quebec is cool enough in summer time.

With climate changes, we never know... I'll write down this product in my wishlist.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Quite expansive for just couple of hot days per year here.

Don't know if anybody happened to see this [...] but it looks like Vintage Air released an aftermarket AC system to retrofit into AC equipped, and non-AC Bullnose trucks.

Yep, saw it and found it very interesting!

But looking at the price (2K$ US, something around 2700$ CAD), I told to myself that I could wait a bit, for the moment Quebec is cool enough in summer time.

With climate changes, we never know... I'll write down this product in my wishlist.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Quite expansive for just couple of hot days per year here.

Why would you need their kit for a AC truck :nabble_anim_confused:

Non AC I can see but you can get everything for a factory AC truck to get it working again.

Dave ----

Why would you need their kit for a AC truck :nabble_anim_confused:

Non AC I can see but you can get everything for a factory AC truck to get it working again.

Dave ----

Maybe if you have an old York/Tecumseh system and want to go with something later? Dad's truck had the York, but I'm going to put the FS6 out of Big Blue since I put an FS10 in him. Just need to figure out the mounting on an M-Block.

Maybe if you have an old York/Tecumseh system and want to go with something later? Dad's truck had the York, but I'm going to put the FS6 out of Big Blue since I put an FS10 in him. Just need to figure out the mounting on an M-Block.

In my case my parts truck came with a York and only had half the mounting bracket.

Now I could have found the other half but ....... there is always a but ........

My truck was running a Saganaw PS pump, I did have the Ford PS pump on the parts truck but did not know what brackets I might of needed to mount it along with the York bracket?

So staying with what I had, PS, and was working I needed to find brackets for the later compressor as I wanted to run it and work with the pump I had. A member on here was able to get me the right brackets from a van that is working.

You know they make am adapter bracket that uses the York motor brackets / flat plate, and you can then bolt the newer compressor to it. I also looked into this but being I only had half the York bracket that would not work for me.

I think you can find them on Ebay.

That is the way I work go if I had motor brackets for the York.

Dave ----

ps the only issue I had running the later compressor was hoses as the compressor ends changed between the 2 systems. I was able to find off the shelf hose that worked but was looking at having a custom one made.