Bullnose Forums

New guy with an '86 SuperCab

RacingFan

Hi all,

Picked up an '86 F150 SuperCab about a month ago. The body is rust-free and really straight, with only a few minor dings to smooth out before I repaint. Interior is also really nice. Going to reupholster the front seat, put carpet in (has vinyl right now), the typical refresh stuff to make it livable again.

It's a tan color right now but will be light and dark green when painted, as an homage to my dad's 1979 that I drove when I was in high school.

PXL_20230219_133254672.jpg.a602c57dd8a7de4b4b9583f226d33fcd.jpg

Excited to be here and gain some knowledge as I run into the inevitable problems!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Would you like to be on our map? You can see it at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu, and we just need a city/state or zip to put you on.

Nice truck. Should be a good one when you've gotten it sorted. :nabble_smiley_good:

Sure! Always fun to see where members are, maybe we can help each other. I'm in Garner, NC, 27529

Sure! Always fun to see where members are, maybe we can help each other. I'm in Garner, NC, 27529

I am just around the corner at 27501 on the Angier Benson line NC.

On March 4 there is a show / cars & coffee at

MoJo's grill

2648 Timber Dr.

Garner NC

my calendar has 12 pm start but they have a winter & summer start hours and I dont know what the 12 pm one is. Might be able to find out on the web some where.

Be nice to see you and the truck there if you can make it. It seams I am the only 80's Ford that shows up at any show. And no it dose not need to be a show truck to show it.

Dave ----

I am just around the corner at 27501 on the Angier Benson line NC.

On March 4 there is a show / cars & coffee at

MoJo's grill

2648 Timber Dr.

Garner NC

my calendar has 12 pm start but they have a winter & summer start hours and I dont know what the 12 pm one is. Might be able to find out on the web some where.

Be nice to see you and the truck there if you can make it. It seams I am the only 80's Ford that shows up at any show. And no it dose not need to be a show truck to show it.

Dave ----

Hey Dave, that sounds great! I'll definitely try to make it to the car show.

I lived at McGee's Crossroads for many years but drove to Cary for work. I put a lot of miles on back then!

Hey Dave, that sounds great! I'll definitely try to make it to the car show.

I lived at McGee's Crossroads for many years but drove to Cary for work. I put a lot of miles on back then!

McGee's Cross Roads to Apex puts on a lot of miles (37) also LOL

Doing this for 8 years now and at times do it in the flare side.

Dave ----

McGee's Cross Roads to Apex puts on a lot of miles (37) also LOL

Doing this for 8 years now and at times do it in the flare side.

Dave ----

ok, I need to see where this is. I'm relatively new to this area so I'm exploring a bit. I did get through mt airy last year.