Bullnose Forums

84 F-150 300i6 3 speed OD 2.47 rears 2WD

844rd

Nice work on everything.

Got a question about the can for the heating of the intake air to the filter.

It looks like the can is around the intake manifold and not the exh manifold where the most heat would be and where the factory one was.

You can just make out where the alum. hose hooks on to it behind the ALT

Also who did you get the seat cover & rubber mat thru?

Is the cover all vinyl hard to tell in the picture.

Dave ----

Hi Dave, The can is going under the exhaust manifold but wraps around on the intake. It really should turn under I may mess with it again someday but it's running great and I live in the south so I'm not driving it when it's below 30F. The intake tube is just laying off in there but it seems to be getting enough heat.

On the seat cover I got it from Raybuck Auto and body parts. for 225.00 It comes with the hog rings and pliers. Material is Velour and vinyl around the sides.

The floor is Vinyl I got it from Stockinteriors.com it came with the insulation pad for 171.00 with shipping.

This is the insulation that I used I've seen were other people have used it and worked well. Got it from Amazon around 23.00 I used 3 rolls.It was very easy to mold into all the crevasses. I bought a little roller and it was kinda fun to put down, the vinyl not so much. Big bulky and it is oversized a little so you have to trim it.

20190528_111503.jpg.b5402332ccd45001c1d87003999a334d.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dave, The can is going under the exhaust manifold but wraps around on the intake. It really should turn under I may mess with it again someday but it's running great and I live in the south so I'm not driving it when it's below 30F. The intake tube is just laying off in there but it seems to be getting enough heat.

On the seat cover I got it from Raybuck Auto and body parts. for 225.00 It comes with the hog rings and pliers. Material is Velour and vinyl around the sides.

The floor is Vinyl I got it from Stockinteriors.com it came with the insulation pad for 171.00 with shipping.

This is the insulation that I used I've seen were other people have used it and worked well. Got it from Amazon around 23.00 I used 3 rolls.It was very easy to mold into all the crevasses. I bought a little roller and it was kinda fun to put down, the vinyl not so much. Big bulky and it is oversized a little so you have to trim it.

Thanks for the feed back.

I have the EFI exh. manifolds and they never had any type of heat gather. I am also from the south so I am not to worried.

I also have hot water going to the bottom of the intake heating it like the exh gases did.

On the (roof) insulation I have heard some say when it gets hot it has a tar smell and why I would not use it but that's me.

My truck had the rubber mat but thinking of going with carpet with padding under it, 2 reasons noise & heat. I used spray foam between the roof panels to stiffen it when doing body work but thinking to help on heat & noise also.

I may add a mat of sound deadener to the inside of the doors for noise.

I will look into the seat & mat just so I know .

Thanks again.

Dave ----