Bullnose Forums

85lebaront2

Regular Members
  • Last visited

About 85lebaront2

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

85lebaront2's Achievements

Grand Master

Grand Master (14/14)

• Week One Done
  • One Month Later
  • One Year In
  • First Post
  • Collaborator

Recent Badges

1. Gary, then you would be 2 grumpy old men.😈
  2. One other thing, I used to see all the time on GM products with the HEI system. One weekend my USMCR 1st Sgt had his "Air Force Staff Car" a Chevy Biscane, loose the ignition going home. The coil is powerful enough to burn a hole right through the distributor rotor, causing exactly what you describe.
  3. Definitely a nice truck, glad to have you with us.
  4. Oly, I don't suppose you have seen a red LHD Shelby GT350 around. Current owner is in Sydney NSW.
  5. I will give you and anyone else with a Bullnose a suggestion. The issue with the drains clogging is caused by leaves falling (or being blown) through the cowl grille slots, Ford changed this in 1987 by going to one that has lots of little holes. On a Bullnose, a piece of screen, preferably plastic, cut to fit, will keep the leaves out, but still let plenty of air in. I can't claim credit for this idea, I saw it on a Chevy 1 ton van while I had the front and part of the engie disassembled.
  6. Jim, I count 15 kegs. The boys down under got some really neat engines we couldn't get here. Just think what a 300 crossflow would have been like.
  7. Governor, yes, shift valve no. I have a diagram on the hydrauilc system: Here's the governor (I had on sticking on my 1977 F150 I put a 390 and C6 in place of the 300 and C4):
  8. Before I went MAF/SEFI and E4OD, he got a solid 10, city, highway unless I was pulling the 5th wheel, then he got 8.
  9. It sounds like some wiring got crossed or connected wrong. On your starter relay (on the fender) there should be two wires, one is a red with a blue stripe, it should be on the S small terminal and there is another wire it goes on the I terminal (Trucks with the hot fuel handling package used that terminal). Unplug the wire to the S terminal and see if the issue goes away, if not, then your starter relay is bad.
  10. I have gotten 12.5 in Darth running mostly 70-75 on I-70 after some lesser MD state highways going from Exmore VA to Falling Waters WV. Darth has a 3.55 limited slip and weighs 6400 lbs empty and has 6 215/85R-16 tires on the road.
  11. That looks very much like the orignal Ford design that were single breaker point units. I havent had a vehicle with breaker points in years, last one was my son Matt's 1965 Corvair Corsa and that was taken out of service in 1996 after he graduated from high school. He inherited my 1987 Horizon after that.
  12. My now 47 year old son learned fairly early how to set points with a matchbook cover. He had a 1965 Corvair Corsa 140 HP (four 1 barrels). Your distributor sounds like a copy of the 1957/58 Ford ones, ball bearing breaker plate and all. I had on in an ex-NASCAR 430 MEL and another in a 312 Y-block.
  13. Dave, that is essentially what I had my local exhaust shop build on my 1977 F150. Left side exhaust had the first muffler and the right side sat behind it.
  14. It has an O-ring where the fitting is put together. This allows it to move without leaking.
  15. I second Jim's vote on being a beautiful truck. Welcome to the forum!