Grand Master

Grand Master (14/14)

• Dedicated Rare
  • Reacting Well Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Posting Machine Rare

Recent Badges

1. Sorry to see the damage from Helene. I had some small branches thrown around, but no damage. I slept through the entire thing since it rolled through here between 8pm and 2am. I just spent close to $4k cleaning up my property in order to prevent any of the trees from touching my house.
  2. My 1990 F350 came to me with bullnose doors and bricknose panels installed on it. I don't remember them fitting weird or anything since most of the stuff lines up, but I can't speak for whether they hit the bullnose dash or not. They are raised in that area, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do. The armrest support is in a different spot on the bricknose trucks, which means you'll need to source that support from a bricknose in order to be able to utilize the mounting screw next to the armrest. The vent window frame is wider on a bricknose than a bullnose, so you may end up with a larger gap at the window beltline seals that may allow more water into the door than normal. The beltline seals mount differently to the bricknose door panel than the bullnose ones do, so you'll need to make sure your new door panel has those. That's about all I can think of off the top of my head.
  3. At least the axle you picked up seems complete. All of the DOM info was gone from my diff cover and the passenger tube was too pitted to find it there so all I can go off of is the 95-97 steering knuckles. The calipers, brackets, and pads were missing from mine, but the price was discounted to make up for that. Rotors are junk so I'll have to pick all of that up if I ever finish the truck. I watched a video the other day from a guy who had a bent passenger side axle tube. That's my new concern since my axle was picked up from the back of a flatbed truck full of D60's. My cheap axle was probably cheap for a reason so I'm expecting the worst and I'll be glad if it isn't. Congrats on the future additions! I passed 30 a little while back with no kids, so I'll still be raising them at 44 if I ever change my mind. Time will tell.
  4. Thank you Gary! I noticed the outage on Sunday but it was better the next time I logged on. Luckily for me it was just the forum and not the Weebly (Documentation) side since that's where I was headed.
  5. A lack of replies to your posts can easily cause this. It's been regarded to be the online equivalent of being ignored in person, even if it's unintentional. That can dissuade some people from posting/participating in a topic and/or the entire forum.
  6. I've noticed that on a few of the items I've purchased, the sticker with my name on it was covering a sticker with somebody else's name on it from a year or two ago. So it appears they either prepare the item for shipping only for it to be canceled, or the item is shipped but then returned. That could be a source for where the damage comes from. All that handling isn't easy on cardboard.
  7. Hurricane prep was the name of the game tonight. My two leaky trucks are wrapped up in tarps and any loose objects have been tied down in the yard (kayak, ladder, etc).
  8. Easy way to tell when you have the knuckles is that Ford went to bolt on calipers for 1995, so 95-97ish axles have the holes for the bolt on caliper brackets. 92-94 will have the slide pins.
  9. I recently had another dealing with Green Sales after I was scammed by vintageautoliterature on Ebay. I reached out to them for some mirror gaskets that I previously verified were in stock via their website. They gave me the price for both which I was fine with, but as Delco mentioned, shipping is just something they tack onto the charge and don't provide estimates. I can say their shipping is fair though as I previously bought a NOS grille for my Ranger and the shipping wasn't too bad on that either. The lack of up-front shipping costs is a little strange to me, but I have nothing else bad to say as they've always gotten me what I need for a fair price.
  10. Those lights look good Gary! I would love to go LED strip style replacements, but I opted for the DC repops since they have the Ford logo in the center. I'll likely throw LED bulbs in those.
  11. I'm glad to see the Florida Man emoji is still available for all to use.
  12. I love the cover photo function on our profiles. I put up a little memorial to my F150.
  13. Testing the photo upload function. So far I like it.
  14. Just to update this thread, Scott (kramttocs) was able to find one in a salvage yard for me. Thanks Scott!
  15. I believe 1987 is when Ford started offering rear bumpers with a plastic pad as that's what my dad's 1987 F150 had.