recent trucks sold

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
33 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: recent trucks sold

salans7
Just for the sake of putting the story of this truck to bed, I did some digging based off of the below photo of the truck when it was first discovered, and I found where I believe the truck was sitting for forty years. It was in Sharon, WI just one block away from the registered address of Sharon Telephone Company shown on the card affixed to the windshield of the truck.

Note some of the building features like the brick work, light poles, and concrete sidewalk. The green bench and the newspaper box are a perfect match.

Reply | Threaded
|

Rusty_S85
salans7 wrote
Just for the sake of putting the story of this truck to bed, I did some digging based off of the below photo of the truck when it was first discovered, and I found where I believe the truck was sitting for forty years. It was in Sharon, WI just one block away from the registered address of Sharon Telephone Company shown on the card affixed to the windshield of the truck.

Note some of the building features like the brick work, light poles, and concrete sidewalk. The green bench and the newspaper box are a perfect match.

Interesting, but I doubt that garage was heated, I found the youtube video and the little I watched the guy claims it was kept in heated storage.  That looks like a plain old garage.

Still seems like it is legit with what has been provided.  I didnt have time to go digging I just relied off what was posted on the group I am in.  I dont even have time to go digging for photos of the bassani 3" Y pipe I am leaning towards using on my truck to see how it compares to the OE pipe nor have I had time to do any more parts gathering for my 4x4 conversion to decide if its worth it or not nor sourcing more wire to build my auxiliary harness.

But what I saw posted gives me hope that our trucks will become more popular very soon and hopefully we can see better selection of parts for our trucks.  I know when I started looking no dash pad was offered in anything but white or black now they have colors.  Im hopeful they will start offering reproduction things such as dealer A/C evaporator cases, or plastic dash shells for those of us with split cracked dash shells or new steering wheel assemblies with cruise.
"Old Blue" - '56 Fairlane Town Sedan - 292-4V, Ford-O-Matic transmission, 3.22:1
'63 Belair 2dr sdn - 283-4V, Powerglide transmission, 4.56:1
'78 Cougar XR7 - 351-2V, FMX transmission, 2.75:1 9inch
"Bruno" - '82 F150 Flareside - 302-2V, C6 transmission, 2.75:1 9inch, 31x10.50-15 BFG KO2
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by salans7
salans7 wrote

Haha, excellent work! That's pretty cool.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Rusty_S85
Rembrant wrote
salans7 wrote

Haha, excellent work! That's pretty cool.

It is, I was envisioning something a lot worse than that to be honest.  I am really curious how ever about the guy that did the youtube video before the truck was put up on auction and his statement that the truck was kept in a heated storage/shop/garage
"Old Blue" - '56 Fairlane Town Sedan - 292-4V, Ford-O-Matic transmission, 3.22:1
"Bruno" - '82 F150 Flareside - 302-2V, C6 transmission, 2.75:1 9inch, 31x10.50-15 BFG KO2
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
Rusty_S85 wrote
I am really curious how ever about the guy that did the youtube video before the truck was put up on auction and his statement that the truck was kept in a heated storage/shop/garage
Well, that space would be considered a storage area for sure. It's not much of a garage considering you'd have to hop the curb to drive in and out...but a lot can change in 41 years, including concrete curbs;). And, in Wisconsin, I'd imagine that storage space would be heated as well...maybe not to room temperature, but it would have been kept above freezing temps for sure.

I keep my truck in my garage all winter, and the heat is usually left at 50f when I'm not in there. So, while it is not overly warm out there, it is still heated.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Yea I agree on the heat Cory, no way it isn't a heated space that far north and that close to the Great Lakes.
Reply | Threaded
|

rcarlisle
In reply to this post by Rusty_S85
Old thread but thought I'd mention that I've seen that AMC dealership or one like it.   I worked "down East" in NC and was staying with an uncle til I found a house.  One evening as I was exploring the ways from work to home (45 miles), I stumbled on this place.  Pretty interesting.  And sad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collier_Motors#:~:text=Collier%20Motors%20is%20a%20private,117%20in%20Pikeville%2C%20North%20Carolina.
Randy

Mt. Airy, NC   81 F-150 STYLESIDE regular cab 2wd.   302 Auto Zone crate.  5 spd M5od-R2  
Reply | Threaded
|

Rusty_S85
rcarlisle wrote
Old thread but thought I'd mention that I've seen that AMC dealership or one like it.   I worked "down East" in NC and was staying with an uncle til I found a house.  One evening as I was exploring the ways from work to home (45 miles), I stumbled on this place.  Pretty interesting.  And sad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collier_Motors#:~:text=Collier%20Motors%20is%20a%20private,117%20in%20Pikeville%2C%20North%20Carolina.
Yep, claims they are selling them off but I havent really seen any photos that shows any real difference in the lot.  Makes you wonder if people are even buying those junk piles.  All of them would need to be restored and there are no real 70s/80s AMC restoration parts out there.
Reply | Threaded
|

rcarlisle
Makes you wonder...  wonder how hard to find titles in that place?  I guess folks could buy them as part of their restoration?  
Randy

Mt. Airy, NC   81 F-150 STYLESIDE regular cab 2wd.   302 Auto Zone crate.  5 spd M5od-R2  
Reply | Threaded
|

Rusty_S85
rcarlisle wrote
Makes you wonder...  wonder how hard to find titles in that place?  I guess folks could buy them as part of their restoration?
Yep some are being sold as parts, as far as titles goes, considering they were never technically owned nor technically registered you can do a bonded title and get a title for any of them that will be stamped Bonded Title and after 3 years youll get a clear title.
Reply | Threaded
|

Bisquik1959
I am amazed at the prices of 80's vehicles recently but have to agree with one of the earlier posters. I would believe they fetch more money when they are close to stock condition and tasteful mods are definitely questionable. Highly modified vehicles start to fall into a niche market and can be super hard to sell due to the amount of people interested.
I have an 86 B2 that is heavily modded for rock crawling. It has a 4.0L/A4LD swap with a 1350/1350 transfer case doubler. Full width 79 D44 front axle with all the chromoly goodies and a rear aftermarket D60 with all the chromoly goodies. All sorts of other goodies like winch etc. A vehicle like this is hard to sell and only people that are into the sport would be interested. I am not going to get top dollar on a rig that is purpose built. Same would go for a Honda for example that is built like the import scene likes. Most are gonna want a nice commuter, not a cambered out car with a giant wing and a fart can exhaust.
"Dumpy" 1983 F100
1986 Bronco II crawler

"Oh Blessed Lady of Acceleration... dont fail me now!" - Elwood Blues
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Valid points!
Reply | Threaded
|

rcarlisle
My opinion is that this gen truck doesn't lend itself to a lot of "eye candy".   Yes a set of wheels and tires are nice add ons.   But not much else.  The grille is as plain as they come I think.  Just like the 84 Dodge I had that these are often compared to.   And drivetrain mods are like others have said - they are niche.  But they are almost simple as an anvil to work on.   Especially if you live in a state where smog tests aren't required.  Heck, NC doesn't even require a safety inspection over 35 years old.  Mine looks like smog pump and cat have been removed.  

Stock/original/restored are going to sell bigger on these than a bunch of mods.   They aren't hot rods.  Mine will hopefully be a useful truck that won't be embarrassing at a cruise in soon.  4x4s will bring more as well just cause they are more manly?  lol.
Randy