Bullnose Forums

WE ARE MOVING - HERE’S THE PLAN

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry about it, Mat. Turns out there isn't that much to test and I think most of that's been done.

Time for an update - we are ready to move!

We’ve checked things out and think we have found the few glitches in the conversion. InVision have made changes to their conversion routine and are now working with Nabble to pick a date for the move, probably the week of Sept 15th.

I expect that we will be down a few hours as Nabble will have to lock this forum so there can’t be any more posts and then run an export routine. InVision will then run that file through their converter and post the output to what is now our test forum.

Meanwhile Chris/ckuske and I will be changing some of the url-related info, moving the InVision forum to the home page and the Nabble forum to the test page, etc.

It appears that you will be able to log in with your existing password, but you may be required to accept the guidelines again as there’s a spot in the InVision data that shows whether or not you have and Nabble doesn’t have that info.

Speaking of that, we still have to get the registration process to our liking. We do have it set up where a new member cannot post anywhere until they create an introduction thread in the New Members Start Here folder. So now we need to get the guidelines to be shown and accepted and then the instructions for creating the introduction set up.

Time for an update - we are ready to move!

We’ve checked things out and think we have found the few glitches in the conversion. InVision have made changes to their conversion routine and are now working with Nabble to pick a date for the move, probably the week of Sept 15th.

I expect that we will be down a few hours as Nabble will have to lock this forum so there can’t be any more posts and then run an export routine. InVision will then run that file through their converter and post the output to what is now our test forum.

Meanwhile Chris/ckuske and I will be changing some of the url-related info, moving the InVision forum to the home page and the Nabble forum to the test page, etc.

It appears that you will be able to log in with your existing password, but you may be required to accept the guidelines again as there’s a spot in the InVision data that shows whether or not you have and Nabble doesn’t have that info.

Speaking of that, we still have to get the registration process to our liking. We do have it set up where a new member cannot post anywhere until they create an introduction thread in the New Members Start Here folder. So now we need to get the guidelines to be shown and accepted and then the instructions for creating the introduction set up.

Sounds good, Nabble is definitely getting slower at times.

Sounds good, Nabble is definitely getting slower at times.

My testing shows InVision to be about 10 times faster than Nabble. I tested WHYDTYTT and Big Blue’s Transformation, which are both getting quite slow on Nabble. It was easy to test Nabble as it took 15 - 20 seconds to refresh. But InVision was 1 - 2 seconds and it happened so quickly that my response time was a significant part of the measurement.

• 2 weeks later...

My testing shows InVision to be about 10 times faster than Nabble. I tested WHYDTYTT and Big Blue’s Transformation, which are both getting quite slow on Nabble. It was easy to test Nabble as it took 15 - 20 seconds to refresh. But InVision was 1 - 2 seconds and it happened so quickly that my response time was a significant part of the measurement.

If you look up above there's now a banner that says:

On Sept 17th we are moving from Nabble to InVision. As of midnight on the 14th the Nabble forum will be locked so that no one can post. We may be down most of the 16th, but when we come back up, right here, you should be able to log in with your existing ID & PW.

We don't know how long this will take, and I'm sure there will be glitches along the way, but it is going to be well worth it!

If you look up above there's now a banner that says:

On Sept 17th we are moving from Nabble to InVision. As of midnight on the 14th the Nabble forum will be locked so that no one can post. We may be down most of the 16th, but when we come back up, right here, you should be able to log in with your existing ID & PW.

We don't know how long this will take, and I'm sure there will be glitches along the way, but it is going to be well worth it!

:nabble_anim_jump:

[...] and I'm sure there will be glitches along the way, [...]

Thanks to Mr. Murphy, we'll not be surprised about these glitches to come.

We did our best to prepare the battle field, so I'm pretty sure that these bugs won't be really serious.

:nabble_smiley_good:

Big thanks to Chris and Gary!

:nabble_anim_handshake:

Really excited, can't wait for this new platform!

[...] and I'm sure there will be glitches along the way, [...]

Thanks to Mr. Murphy, we'll not be surprised about these glitches to come.

We did our best to prepare the battle field, so I'm pretty sure that these bugs won't be really serious.

:nabble_smiley_good:

Big thanks to Chris and Gary!

:nabble_anim_handshake:

Really excited, can't wait for this new platform!

Tremendous effort on their part, and that of InVision staff to get this done! 👍

:nabble_smiley_super: