Bullnose Forums

Timing

Excuse my ignorance [if applicable?]... Is this 2150 the one you swapped for your old VV carb [with Gary]? I can't remember and was just wondering if the good results reported are due to that carburetor?

Thanks!

Yes this is the carb I swapped for,as for good results any 2150 would beat the old 7200VV. It should also be mentioned that I put an HEI dizzy on it and removed smog pump and plugged/removed several emissions hoses. I put a new carb kit in the 2150 after giving it a 24 hr bath in a tub of Gunk carb cleaner.

I hope that answers your question.

P.S I still haven't driven it yet because of time or lack thereof and the weather plus I've still got alot of clean up left under the hood ,properly routing wires fine tuning carb etc.

Yes this is the carb I swapped for,as for good results any 2150 would beat the old 7200VV. It should also be mentioned that I put an HEI dizzy on it and removed smog pump and plugged/removed several emissions hoses. I put a new carb kit in the 2150 after giving it a 24 hr bath in a tub of Gunk carb cleaner.

I hope that answers your question.

P.S I still haven't driven it yet because of time or lack thereof and the weather plus I've still got alot of clean up left under the hood ,properly routing wires fine tuning carb etc.

That is great, BeagleRock. This is what I like about this forum... people can swap parts and both parties benefit! You now have a much better running truck and Gary has the VV carb. to add to his collection of old carburetors. That is what can be defined as a win-win transaction! :nabble_anim_handshake:

That is great, BeagleRock. This is what I like about this forum... people can swap parts and both parties benefit! You now have a much better running truck and Gary has the VV carb. to add to his collection of old carburetors. That is what can be defined as a win-win transaction! :nabble_anim_handshake:
Absolutely! Best forum out there imo. Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum is ok but it seems like there's more arguing about who's is the best than a help Forum, also I always seem to come away from there feeling stupid,granted I'm no REAL mechanic but I don't like having that fact smeared in my face. This is truly a helpful forum without alot of judgment of one's knowledge. Added bonus I have yet to see a cussing contest 😇

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 1986F150Six [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

That is great, BeagleRock. This is what I like about this forum... people can swap parts and both parties benefit! You now have much better running truck and Gary has the VV carb. to add to his collection of old carburetors. That is what can be defines as a win-win transaction! http://n8.nabble.com/images/smiley/anim_handshake.gif

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Timing-tp6660p6984.html

To unsubscribe from Timing, click here.

NAML

Glad you guys like the forum. That was the intent - small but helpful. And we don't allow cussing! :nabble_anim_rules:As for swapping parts, I'm thrilled to get the VV as I haven't seen one of them in decades. And it'll be a neat addition to my collection.
Hi Gary :Do you need the dashpot as I like to call it as it is vacuum driven as opposed to electric which is what's on the 2150. The reason I ask is because I still have the previous vacuum hose intact but no electrical source near there. If it's just a constant 12v I can find and wire up a connection if it's even something that's needed.

Thanks Gary it'll be there next week I promise! I get paid Friday evening.

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Glad you guys like the forum.  That was the intent - small but helpful.  And we don't allow cussing!  http://n8.nabble.com/images/smiley/anim_rules.gif

As for swapping parts, I'm thrilled to get the VV as I haven't seen one of them in decades.  And it'll be a neat addition to my collection. Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches

Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/soon-to-be ZF5/3.55's & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Timing-tp6660p6988.html

NAML

I'm sorry, but I got lost. It seemed like you were asking me if I want the dashpot from the VV, and the answer is "yes" if you don't need it.

But then you seemed to shift to wiring up the solenoid on the 2150. Are you thinking of swapping the dashpot where the solenoid is? Those were used for two different reasons, as explained on my 2150 page under the External Systems tab. They were "throttle positioners", but the vacuum one was for a different purpose than the electric one.

The one on that 2150 was a "throttle kicker" that raised the throttle slightly to provide the idle speed, and then completely closed the throttle when the ignition was shut off to ensure the engine didn't "diesel". All of that is shown on Page 19 and discussed on Page 27 in the Start, Ignition, Carb Circuit section of the 1981 EVTM.

I don't think you'll need either of them, and certainly not the vacuum one. And I suggest that you drive the truck before you worry about the electric one. Dad never had it hooked up.

I'm sorry, but I got lost. It seemed like you were asking me if I want the dashpot from the VV, and the answer is "yes" if you don't need it.But then you seemed to shift to wiring up the solenoid on the 2150. Are you thinking of swapping the dashpot where the solenoid is? Those were used for two different reasons, as explained on my 2150 page under the External Systems tab. They were "throttle positioners", but the vacuum one was for a different purpose than the electric one.The one on that 2150 was a "throttle kicker" that raised the throttle slightly to provide the idle speed, and then completely closed the throttle when the ignition was shut off to ensure the engine didn't "diesel". All of that is shown on Page 19 and discussed on Page 27 in the Start, Ignition, Carb Circuit section of the 1981 EVTM.I don't think you'll need either of them, and certainly not the vacuum one. And I suggest that you drive the truck before you worry about the electric one. Dad never had it hooked up.
Okie dokie thanks Gary 

Sent from my BlackBerry - the most secure mobile device

Sent: February 6, 2018 11:06 AM
To: redacted_email_address
Subject: Re: Timing

I'm sorry, but I got lost.  It seemed like you were asking me if I want the dashpot from the VV, and the answer is "yes" if you don't need it.

But then you seemed to shift to wiring up the solenoid on the 2150.  Are you thinking of swapping the dashpot where the solenoid is?  Those were used for two different reasons, as explained on my 2150 page under the External Systems tab.  They were "throttle positioners", but the vacuum one was for a different purpose than the electric one.

The one on that 2150 was a "throttle kicker" that raised the throttle slightly to provide the idle speed, and then completely closed the throttle when the ignition was shut off to ensure the engine didn't "diesel".  All of that is shown on Page 19 and discussed on Page 27 in the Start, Ignition, Carb Circuit section of the 1981 EVTM.

I don't think you'll need either of them, and certainly not the vacuum one.  And I suggest that you drive the truck before you worry about the electric one.  Dad never had it hooked up. Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches

Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/soon-to-be ZF5/3.55's & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Timing-tp6660p6990.html

NAML