Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The FORD Lounge

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I hadn't made the connection, but .
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
As one of the resident Floridians here, I am proud to admit that catching the wildlife is a true Floridian's favorite past-time, much like cow-tipping in the mid-western states.

As for the other stuff that goes on round here, you ain't seen nothin til you set foot in the swamp lands.

Below is the REAL Florida, man.

Reply | Threaded
|

Dorsai
salans7 wrote
Below is the REAL Florida, man.
Matthew
1980 F-150 Custom 2wd longbed, 300-6, C6, 2.75 rear axle
Atlanta GA
Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
We have a local radio station here in kentucky that does a daily skit called "WTF" meaning "What the Florida!?" All they do is talk about the crazy stuff florida people do and bash florida. It is funny.
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by salans7
Ocala & Gainsville REPRESENT!!!!!                                 
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Ocala & Gainsville REPRESENT!!!!!
Ocala is home. Although I spend more time elsewhere anymore.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Shaun,

I think your map shows what will be left of the State when Greenland finish melting.  

I've spent a bunch of time on the east coast (West Palm, Cocoa and the stretch between Daytona & Jax ~ Ormand by the sea, Flagler Beach, Palm Coast, St. Aug)     and some on the Gulf side (Naples/ft. Meyers, St. Pete, Homasassa) some of my most interesting times were in the interior.

I think a little bit of Florida man lives on everywhere!

Maybe it's something in the water there?
Maybe it's the bath salts????  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
On a more serious note, Florida has a rich history in the colonization of the United States.
With the oldest established city being St. Augustine.

And natural features found nowhere else; Everglades, Biscayne bay and lake Okeechobee in the south.
The yellow pine and live oak stands in the north.
For a place built on a spit of coral there's a lot of beauty!
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
Anyone else here on the forum do homesteading?

We have 5 acres, a couple barns, chickens, know our local wild edibles, grow some food, plan to have a few goats, are building a green house and try to "prep". We arent crazy lunatic end of the world preppers, but we do believe in being prepared for realistic situations.

1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

Dorsai
Ray Cecil wrote
We arent crazy lunatic end of the world preppers, but we do believe in being prepared for realistic situations.
I'm with you in spirit, if not fully in practice.  I'm on an HOA-restricted half-acre plot in the suburbs, and I do what I can with what I've got.  Not crazy...just trying to be prepared.
Matthew
1980 F-150 Custom 2wd longbed, 300-6, C6, 2.75 rear axle
Atlanta GA
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
In reply to this post by Ray Cecil
I have the mentality of future preparation however I'm not stockpiling weapons or canned goods. I do have a solid understanding of the landscape here and all that it can provide me in case of emergency, as well as the knowledge of how to humanely alter the population of any group of edible bodies or ground growth.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Yea!
Good for them.
You go girls!!!!!
I hope they keep winning.  🏐🎖️🇺🇸

WOO HOOO!!!
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Have you guys seen this little Bronco 2 with the classic Bronco nose on it??...

https://lmctrucklife.com/2019/05/1986-ford-bronco-ii-custom-timothy-m/

Where's Pete? Wasn't he doing something like this with his Ranger?
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I hadn't see that.  Not sure what I think of it.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Gary Lewis wrote
Not sure what I think of it.
I know what I think....    

But at least it looks well executed!
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I saw a great looking babypoop brown Bronco II driving thru Darien the other day.

If you want an EB, get an EB.
If you want something more modern at least put the whole body on a newer chassis.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/and-so-it-begins-1957-chevrolet-meet-1994-dodge.900040/
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Ford created a huge dud with the rear glass on the Bronco II's. Never been a fan of them because of it.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
The Landie Defender look????

Yeah, it didn't come off too well.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Just a random thought, but is it too much for people to tell you when they can't make it to a prior arrangement? Had a friend text me Monday, and she asked if I was available this week. We agreed on Wednesday, and I told her to let me know when and where she wanted to meet. She said she would let me know later that night, but here it is Wednesday and I've heard nothing. This is the second time she's done this, so I'm not letting it get to a third. I don't even bother reminding people of missed arrangements anymore because I always get some excuse of why they couldn't send me a simple "Hey, I can't make it". Generation Y and Z are really something else.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
For my own edification, I had to look up Gen Y and Gen Z.  Here's what I found here:

Baby Boomers: Baby boomers were born between 1944 and 1964. They're current between 55-75 years old (76 million in U.S.)
Gen X: Gen X was born between 1965 - 1979 and are currently between 40-54 years old (82 million people in U.S.)
Gen Y: Gen Y, or Millennials, were born between 1980 and 1994. They are currently between 25-39 years old.
     Gen Y.1 = 25-29 years old (31 million people in U.S.)
     Gen Y.2 = 29-39 (42 million people in U.S.)
Gen Z: Gen Z is the newest generation to be named and were born between 1995 and 2015. They are currently between 4-24 years old (nearly 74 million in U.S.)

My daughter, SiL, wife, and I just had a conversation about these groups.  Our daughter and SiL were both born in 1980.  But his parents are 10 years younger than Janey and I.  Apparently some studies have shown that our daughter is more likely to be a Gen X than a Gen Y, but our SiL is firmly a Gen Y.

Now, to Shaun's question.  I think not telling you they aren't going to make it is a serious lack of understanding of common courtesies.  And somewhere our collective training of children has failed to impress courtesy upon them.

Personally, I view electronic communication, such as this, email, and text as interpersonal communication.  And when you provide information to people there is a response required - at least a "thank you".  But it isn't unusual at all for such exchanges to lack that final response.  I don't understand.  You wouldn't do that face-to-face, so why would you fail to do so electronically?

123456 ... 107