Bullnose Forums

OUR NEW NAME AGAIN - PLEASE VOTE!

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maybe drop the S from trucks? Bullnose Truck Club. Or “The Bullnose Truck Club”. CJ

We could drop the "s" and make it Bullnose Truck Club. I'm sure I could "buy" that URL and release the one with the "s". So if Bullnose Trucks Club is the winner we can check to see what people want to do.

I voted Bullnose Enthusiast Club, for similarly stated reasons.

One thing I’d like to throw out there tho is, there are a (large?) number of folks that are aware of the monikers “Gary’s bullnose bible” “Garagemahel”, etc.

How are people going to find the new name when searching for the old name?

I think there are ways around that, although Chris/ckuske is probably the better one to answer it so I'll tag him. But first, if we keep the URLs of garysgaragemahal.com and bullnosebible.com we can re-direct them to whatever the "new" URL is. So all of their saved links would work.

And a search for "bullnosebible" turns us up. But I don't know what we need to do to ensure that continues, which is something I'm sure Chris can tell us - and why I've asked him to be our Technical Advisor.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe drop the S from trucks? Bullnose Truck Club. Or “The Bullnose Truck Club”. CJ

We could drop the "s" and make it Bullnose Truck Club. I'm sure I could "buy" that URL and release the one with the "s". So if Bullnose Trucks Club is the winner we can check to see what people want to do.

I voted Bullnose Enthusiast Club, for similarly stated reasons.

One thing I’d like to throw out there tho is, there are a (large?) number of folks that are aware of the monikers “Gary’s bullnose bible” “Garagemahel”, etc.

How are people going to find the new name when searching for the old name?

I think there are ways around that, although Chris/ckuske is probably the better one to answer it so I'll tag him. But first, if we keep the URLs of garysgaragemahal.com and bullnosebible.com we can re-direct them to whatever the "new" URL is. So all of their saved links would work.

And a search for "bullnosebible" turns us up. But I don't know what we need to do to ensure that continues, which is something I'm sure Chris can tell us - and why I've asked him to be our Technical Advisor.

We can do DNS redirection at a minimum - meaning when people tried to go to garysgaragemahal.com, we would redirect their browser to go to a different domain name. In this redirect mode, links being clicked from a search engine or third-party site wouldn't work - I think they would be redirected back to our sites home page, but I'm not positive.

Even better would be the ability to redirect the browser based on a "HTTP redirect", which would mean we could keep existing links working. This may not be supported by Weebly - Gary, we would have to look in the Weebly settings. My hunch is no.

Regarding showing up in searches - in the new site, we can add SEO phrases that refer to garysgaragemahal, bullnosebible, etc so when people search for that, the new site shows up in Google, Bing, etc.

We can do DNS redirection at a minimum - meaning when people tried to go to garysgaragemahal.com, we would redirect their browser to go to a different domain name. In this redirect mode, links being clicked from a search engine or third-party site wouldn't work - I think they would be redirected back to our sites home page, but I'm not positive.

Even better would be the ability to redirect the browser based on a "HTTP redirect", which would mean we could keep existing links working. This may not be supported by Weebly - Gary, we would have to look in the Weebly settings. My hunch is no.

Regarding showing up in searches - in the new site, we can add SEO phrases that refer to garysgaragemahal, bullnosebible, etc so when people search for that, the new site shows up in Google, Bing, etc.

Thanks, Chris! :nabble_smiley_good:

I voted for "Bullnose Enthusiasts Club".

I didn't like any of the "bible" names because with the word "bible" next to "club", "association" or "society" it sounds like it's a Bible club rather than a Bullnose club. That seems very misleading and confusing.

I voted for "Bullnose Enthusiasts" rather than "Bullnose Trucks" because some of us don't have a bullnose truck, but we're still enthusiasts, so that name seems more inclusive.

I don't have a strong feeling about "club", "association" or "society". "Society" is my least favorite because it has connotations to me of being too high-brow, but I could certainly live with it. I chose "club" over "association" simply because that's what everyone else was landing on.

Counterpoint on "Trucks" vs "Enthusiasts": I voted for "Trucks Club" because there are lots of other "Bullnoses" out there that aren't us, mainly, a type of tile:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullnose

We're not a bunch of tile enthusiasts, are we? (Or if we are, does this make us the (free)masons of the truck world???)

If I didn't think we'd end up in trademark jail, I'd almost wonder if "Ford" would be an appropriate word to add.

There are people who call SUVs trucks, so IMHO, "truck" covers Broncos too. "Owners" isn't in the tile, so owning one isn't "required" to be in, so that covers non-owners.

My $0.02.

Counterpoint on "Trucks" vs "Enthusiasts": I voted for "Trucks Club" because there are lots of other "Bullnoses" out there that aren't us, mainly, a type of tile:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullnose

We're not a bunch of tile enthusiasts, are we? (Or if we are, does this make us the (free)masons of the truck world???)

If I didn't think we'd end up in trademark jail, I'd almost wonder if "Ford" would be an appropriate word to add.

There are people who call SUVs trucks, so IMHO, "truck" covers Broncos too. "Owners" isn't in the tile, so owning one isn't "required" to be in, so that covers non-owners.

My $0.02.

I know I'm new here but will wade in, I do think Ratdude has a point.....so what about

Bullnose Truck Enthusiasts Club

Paul

I know I'm new here but will wade in, I do think Ratdude has a point.....so what about

Bullnose Truck Enthusiasts Club

Paul

It's pretty interesting how people will twist themselves in knots to tangentially comply with some arbitrary tax regulation.

I fail to grasp the point.

Thousands of members, and Gary especially, need to play Twister so he can fund this thing in perpetuity.

How long will any of us, or even 'forums' exist?

When was the last time you dialed into a BBS?

Over eight billion people on this planet all dependant on Haber-Bosch to survive the next growing season....

And 'we' need to trip over ourselves to change

It's pretty interesting how people will twist themselves in knots to tangentially comply with some arbitrary tax regulation.

I fail to grasp the point.

Thousands of members, and Gary especially, need to play Twister so he can fund this thing in perpetuity.

How long will any of us, or even 'forums' exist?

When was the last time you dialed into a BBS?

Over eight billion people on this planet all dependant on Haber-Bosch to survive the next growing season....

And 'we' need to trip over ourselves to change

Jim I'm too new here to fully grasp what all the issues are that moving to a higher cost provider will solve. But do see the higher costs being more of a burden and harder to sustain.

Paul

Jim I'm too new here to fully grasp what all the issues are that moving to a higher cost provider will solve. But do see the higher costs being more of a burden and harder to sustain.

Paul

Oh no, Paul, there there definitely costs involved in migrating The Forum to a more professional format.

It's absurdity of what kind of 501.3 we have to become an how we have to make up a name to conform to some capricious and arbitrary tax regulation.

It's the sort of thing that makes me want to shut the door and ignore it all.

Counterpoint on "Trucks" vs "Enthusiasts": I voted for "Trucks Club" because there are lots of other "Bullnoses" out there that aren't us, mainly, a type of tile.

LOL! Larry, you’re right and let’s say that there’s couple or other things we call “bullnose” in architecture.

But I think this description should stay in the title, since it is the nickname of this 7th Ford trucks generation.

About this “truck” word, I too consider it is Bronco inclusive, but I can be wrong.

I voted to keep the “enthusiasm” side or our membership. It involves the “active” status of members, it’s moving, it suggests kind of fun and happiness. Ok, sorry, maybe I’m too enthusiastic… :nabble_anim_jump:

😉

That’s why I find Paul’s proposal interesting:

Bullnose + Truck + Enthusiasts + Club.

It has all we need, and no possible confusion about some architectural nosing. :nabble_smiley_wink:

If it was in the polls choices, I would change my vote.