Bullnose Forum

NP435 to NP205 Transfer Case Adapter: compatible with NP208?

rock711

Hey all, I’m in the middle of restoring an ‘86 F-150 4WD back to a manual 4 speed after it was converted to an automatic somewhere along the line :nabble_smiley_thinking:. Because of that, I’m missing a few parts that I have to source.

Is the transfer case adapter from the NP435 to the NP205 identical to the NP208? They have different part numbers but seem to have the same bolt pattern and dimensions. I have an NP208 transfer case, but on eBay the NP205 adapters are in better shape, go for less cash, and there’s more of them to choose from.

Jeff - I'm not sure I understand. If by "transfer case adapter" you mean the thing circled below, in Ford-speak that's a "Housing (transfer case differential)". And it is specific to the transmission and not the transfer case.

Said another way, Ford transfer cases swap easily, so you can put a BW1345 or 1356 where an NP208 was.

Transmission_Extension_Housing.thumb.jpg.38874eb4aa6f7c66075187735741d192.jpg

Jeff - I'm not sure I understand. If by "transfer case adapter" you mean the thing circled below, in Ford-speak that's a "Housing (transfer case differential)". And it is specific to the transmission and not the transfer case.

Said another way, Ford transfer cases swap easily, so you can put a BW1345 or 1356 where an NP208 was.

Yep, that’s the part. Thanks for the info!