Help with electric

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Help with electric

jdavidsmi
I was wondering if I could get an answer to a couple of electric questions.

I was at the u-pull, on Monday to get the parts to add delay wipers to Jouline. Once I had the dash apart On the truck at the U-pull, I decide to get the courtesy lights, glove box light and a door switch.

The delay wipers work like a champ, and I thank everyone for the information on how to do it.

When I started to install the courtesy lights I found the harness off the donor truck had two extra wires that mine did not have. The wires are both black w a blue stripe. I do have black with blue going to the door switches. I was wondering if I could tap into that wire on one side or the other for the supply to the courtesy lights?
This connector

My second question has to identify what this connector is for

It lays under the dash, to the left of the radio just 4 wires, a green with I think a yellow stripe, a brown, a black, and a white with a purple stripe. Could be c327 shown on page 55 of the 1981 EVTM, but I could not find any information.

As you can tell I have the dash apart again to track down another electric issue when I decided to put the delay wipers in.  And I thought I had cleaned all grounds.
David,
1984 F150 LX, 4x4 117 wheel base, Engine Code "F" = 302, 5.0 2/B,
Transmission code "A" = 4sp manual New Process model 435
Axle code "19" = 3.55 (ford 8.8) manf.  08/1983, in Norfolk
DSO code "21" AtlantaFactory Air Conditioner, Dash with Gauges
1990 Goldwing 1500
1986 F150 XLT, short bed, 5.0 automatic
2004 F53 Fleetwood Terra motor home
2017 Chevrolet Traverse
Home town Viola Tennessee
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Help with electric

FuzzFace2
I cant help on the first but I think the second one is for the clock as the wire colors sound about right.
IIRC there was 2 or 3 different plugs that the clocks had and think wire colors of 2 wires changed over the years.
This is going back about 6 months when I added a clock to my truck that did not have one.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Sac79
In reply to this post by jdavidsmi
Yes, the black and blue at the door switch is what you want for the courtesy lights. One for each door.

Not sure about the glove box. Does it have a switch? If so you want to splice into the green and yellow wire going to the door switch which will give you constant power. That's how it's drawn up in the EVTM, so I assume there is a switch.
Rob

Eddy Myrtle '84 F150 300-6, Offenhauser C series intake, Edelbrock 1404(500cfm manual choke), EFI exhaust manifold, HEI dizzy, custom Painless harness, NP 435, NP 208, D44, 8.8"/3.08, 1.5" leveling coils, 265/75/16 tires.
Toyopet (Daily driver) '86 Toyota Pickup
Reply | Threaded
|

jdavidsmi
Thanks for the information, it being Father’s Day I haven’t been out to the garage today. I will see if I can find the black and blue wire some where near the center of the dash for the tap.

My clock wires come from the other side of the dash than this one. Nothing was plugged into it so I will just put it back where it was.
David,
1984 F150 LX, 4x4 117 wheel base, Engine Code "F" = 302, 5.0 2/B,
Transmission code "A" = 4sp manual New Process model 435
Axle code "19" = 3.55 (ford 8.8) manf.  08/1983, in Norfolk
DSO code "21" AtlantaFactory Air Conditioner, Dash with Gauges
1990 Goldwing 1500
1986 F150 XLT, short bed, 5.0 automatic
2004 F53 Fleetwood Terra motor home
2017 Chevrolet Traverse
Home town Viola Tennessee