Bullnose Forums

Cruise control

I'd not personally gone through that carb, and if Dad did it was years and years ago.

But you are making good progress. :nabble_smiley_good:

Indeed I am making progress! Noticed that the Jets in your Dad's old carb were #42 isn't that rather small being as though from reading some factory specs that they were #56 stock? I've never changed jets on the old 2100 autolite or any other I've tinkered with so don't really know how they affect performance.

I was just wondering

Thanks Randy

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed I am making progress! Noticed that the Jets in your Dad's old carb were #42 isn't that rather small being as though from reading some factory specs that they were #56 stock? I've never changed jets on the old 2100 autolite or any other I've tinkered with so don't really know how they affect performance.

I was just wondering

Thanks Randy

Wow! 42? The catalog says that carb was probably E1TE-BGA and would have come from the factory with 53's in it. Is there a tag on it?

I know that they had to jet the carbs richer to compensate for the exhaust gas that came in via the EGR valve, so it is reasonable to jet them leaner w/o EGR - which had been taken off of Dad's engine at some point. But down to 42's?!?! That seems extreme.

Wow! 42? The catalog says that carb was probably E1TE-BGA and would have come from the factory with 53's in it. Is there a tag on it?I know that they had to jet the carbs richer to compensate for the exhaust gas that came in via the EGR valve, so it is reasonable to jet them leaner w/o EGR - which had been taken off of Dad's engine at some point. But down to 42's?!?! That seems extreme.
Kinda what I was thinking although as said previously, I know nothing about jetting, only what I've read. Everything I've gotten my hands on says #56 but could go to #52 at altitude etc. But nothing in the 40s.

I thought it was for gas mileage because she'll barely turn the tires over with nothing in the bed. Not much power but consistent and it never dies on me like the the King of Carbs did, about got me t-boned more than once. Anyway I'll talk to you later on sometime and thanks for responding

Randy

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Sunday, March 25, 2018 Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Wow!  42?  The catalog says that carb was probably E1TE-BGA and would have come from the factory with 53's in it.  Is there a tag on it?

I know that they had to jet the carbs richer to compensate for the exhaust gas that came in via the EGR valve, so it is reasonable to jet them leaner w/o EGR - which had been taken off of Dad's engine at some point.  But down to 42's?!?!  That seems extreme. Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches

Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/soon-to-be ZF5/3.55's & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Cruise-control-tp8396p8793.html

To unsubscribe from Cruise control, click here.

NAML

Wow! 42? The catalog says that carb was probably E1TE-BGA and would have come from the factory with 53's in it. Is there a tag on it?I know that they had to jet the carbs richer to compensate for the exhaust gas that came in via the EGR valve, so it is reasonable to jet them leaner w/o EGR - which had been taken off of Dad's engine at some point. But down to 42's?!?! That seems extreme.
Oh and no tag on carb unless it's the 121 on the bowl. But I've seen a few of those along with 1.08

On Sunday, March 25, 2018 Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Wow!  42?  The catalog says that carb was probably E1TE-BGA and would have come from the factory with 53's in it.  Is there a tag on it?

I know that they had to jet the carbs richer to compensate for the exhaust gas that came in via the EGR valve, so it is reasonable to jet them leaner w/o EGR - which had been taken off of Dad's engine at some point.  But down to 42's?!?!  That seems extreme. Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches

Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Cruise-control-tp8396p8793.html

NAML

Wow! 42? The catalog says that carb was probably E1TE-BGA and would have come from the factory with 53's in it. Is there a tag on it?

I know that they had to jet the carbs richer to compensate for the exhaust gas that came in via the EGR valve, so it is reasonable to jet them leaner w/o EGR - which had been taken off of Dad's engine at some point. But down to 42's?!?! That seems extreme.

I need a call 📞

If you mean from me, email me your number. I didn't keep it last time.
918-360-4901

On Thursday, April 5, 2018 Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

If you mean from me, email me your number.  I didn't keep it last time.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Cruise-control-tp8396p9360.html

NAML