Clutch pedal lever

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Clutch pedal lever

Frank Wyatt
I need a clutch pedal lever,  it's part # is E1TZ-7A554-A. It bolts to the cross shaft underneath the dash. If anybody has one in good shape I would greatly appreciate it.  Otherwise I guess I could try my hand at welding it up and then making the hole round again instead of friction slotted. It's lever 7A554 in the pucture from Documatation. Thanks guys.
1981 F 150 Custom 300 ci with a fully rebuilt 1968 240 head Carter YFA T-18 3.25 9" rear 2WD
dual gas tanks
1990 Lincoln Town Car 5.0 AOD
Home town Mc Kenzie, TN
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Clutch pedal lever

OBSolete
there'sa a manual  '88 in a yard  ...not quite local . is this what you need?
'04 cb600f
'94 explorer xlt
'75 cb200t
'74 cb200
'69 cl90
'57 rambler
suz & kaw etc
Reply | Threaded
|

Frank Wyatt
No, because Ford went to a hydraulic clutch in 1983 and that part got changed and will not work on a manual clutch truck. The part I need was only used in 1981 and 1982. Also, my truck is a F 150, the truck in the picture appears to be a Ford Ranger, no interchangeable parts on them for the F 150 that I know of.
1981 F 150 Custom 300 ci with a fully rebuilt 1968 240 head Carter YFA T-18 3.25 9" rear 2WD
dual gas tanks
Home town Mc Kenzie, TN
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
I would welded it and grind / drill / file back into shape.
If the lever is out of shape what is the rod going thru the floor to the cross shaft like?
I had to weld and grind / file all my linkage so I could use it.
BTW I had 2 trucks and both were bad.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Frank Wyatt
From what I have seen so far the rod looks pretty good, some wear but not really much to speak of. With the plastic bushings that are supposed to be there just a dab of JB would likely be sufficient. The major wear is on the lever with maybe about a 16th worth of wear on the opposite end of the rod. That rod seems to be a harder steel than the lever that pushes against it. If a lever doesn't come looking for a new home I'll likely be welding it up when my pal, Mitchel gets back from vacation. I was going to go check out the salvage yard today but it blew up a pretty good rain storm this morning. I still need to set my glider swing back upright that got blown over on my porch. I wonder if I could find a thin brass bushing to go there in place of the plastic bushings?  Even if I had to enlarge the hole slightly, I don't see why that just might work, definitely stronger than plastic for sure.
dual gas tanks
Home town Mc Kenzie, TN
Reply | Threaded
|

81-F150-Explorer
In reply to this post by Frank Wyatt
I am in need or will be in need of a few of those parts too down the road.

Making these parts, or to have someone weld them up would also be of great service.

Truck: 1981 F-150 Explorer / Engine: 300-6 California MCU Feedback System / Trans: T-18 - 4 speed / 2.75 Ford Rear Axle Open Diff.
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
When I first fixed my 81 linkage, welding, grinding, filing, I used new plastic bushings.
Well they did not last a year so I went with hardware store brass bushings.
Yes I did need to drill out the holes a little to fit them.
They been in for a few years now.

The thing I have a worry on is the motor side pivot of the frame cross shaftn on my 300 motor.
The one with the truck I fixed 3 times before I was able to find one on Ebay, still looking for another cheap.
I had to use the one I got off the bay before I had time to get others made from a local machine shop.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100