Bullnose Forum

Bullnose Trucks on TFL Classics

That guy learned the hard way that "restoring" a truck that's not running is expensive. But, I'm guessing he didn't know what he was doing. Instead of starting with a motor home he would have been well ahead to start with a truck w/a 460 in it. That way he would have had the bits and pieces he needed, like perches. And for that matter the seat belt. And radiator, and, and, and.

Then there's the 3.5 MPG. There's something seriously wrong with the engine or fuel system to get that. Big Blue got 11.0 - 11.5 MPG on the highway at 65 MPH running the A/C. And his engine was seriously worn out.

That guy learned the hard way that "restoring" a truck that's not running is expensive. But, I'm guessing he didn't know what he was doing. Instead of starting with a motor home he would have been well ahead to start with a truck w/a 460 in it. That way he would have had the bits and pieces he needed, like perches. And for that matter the seat belt. And radiator, and, and, and.

Then there's the 3.5 MPG. There's something seriously wrong with the engine or fuel system to get that. Big Blue got 11.0 - 11.5 MPG on the highway at 65 MPH running the A/C. And his engine was seriously worn out.

That's exactly what I was thinking regarding the mpg. Something is terribly wrong with his fuel delivery. I think I would focus on that before cab corners.

That's exactly what I was thinking regarding the mpg. Something is terribly wrong with his fuel delivery. I think I would focus on that before cab corners.

The only way I can fathom that mileage is if his Power Valve is blown.

YouTube is uproariously funny sometimes

The only way I can fathom that mileage is if his Power Valve is blown.

YouTube is uproariously funny sometimes

Start with "its a Holley" and go downhill from there.:nabble_smiley_evil:

Seriously though, I'm not sure you could run that much gas through an Edelbrock. If the choke was on it would be rolling black smoke.

Having said that, I do remember getting a bad tank of gas in my '69 Bee. It gummed the needles up so badly that you could almost see the gas gauge moving when on the highway. And that could have happened to an Edelbrock.