Bullnose Forum

Bellhousing bolt thread

I'm limited in transportation and my dumb self forgot to bring my bolts home from my storage unit when I removed my transmission.

351M bellhousing bolts are 7/16x14 correct? I know there are 2 different lengths as well. I'm replacing them with stainless grade 8s and would just like some confirmation.

Thanks guys.

Good morning Angelo!

Yup, almost all Ford bell bolts are 7/16-14 up until they went metric.

I'm not sure if my 460 bell is going to be the same as a 335 bell because the M/400 was never made hydraulic.

The length is to some extent determined by the transmission. I noticed on the ZF5 that the bolts have to be longer than on the T19 due to the thickness of the flange on the bell.

So, do you need the lengths? I can't find them in the MPC, so I don't know what to tell you. I have some, but don't know for sure what transmission they are from. I can measure them though if you need it.

The length is to some extent determined by the transmission. I noticed on the ZF5 that the bolts have to be longer than on the T19 due to the thickness of the flange on the bell.

So, do you need the lengths? I can't find them in the MPC, so I don't know what to tell you. I have some, but don't know for sure what transmission they are from. I can measure them though if you need it.

That's what I thought, thanks guys.

The lengths would be nice. Using a C6 trans. The top 2 were shorter than the bottom 4. Everything online says the C6 should all be the same though.

That's what I thought, thanks guys.

The lengths would be nice. Using a C6 trans. The top 2 were shorter than the bottom 4. Everything online says the C6 should all be the same though.

I have 11 of them in a baggie and they are all 2" long. So, I think the average is probably 2.0000". :nabble_smiley_wink: