123 messages Options
1 ... 4567
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 3G advice

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Tyler, I want to add that I'm sorry your alternator hasn't come with LRC.
I shared that it should, and perhaps because I received a substitute part from DB I was mistaken.

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Tyler
No apology needed,  Jim but your sentiments are appreciated.  I fully understand the situation as it unfolded.

I am very grateful for you guys and the passion you put into knowlwdge and understanding, then pass that on to help others.  Being added to the 3G help page has been a learning experience and caused me to do some self study in electrical engineering.

My truck is now much better off than before I found you guys.

Having said all of that, I bought the Motorcraft LRC regulator and look forward to the next project.   And then driving 5000 mi across country this summer in the truck and having the most epic camping trip I can come up with for my son and I.

Cheers!
1985 F150 4x4 SB 300 I6: Comp 268 cam, '68 240 head, Offy DP, FI manifolds, Holley Sniper 2300, DUI street/strip distributor, BW T-18, Tuff Country 4" suspension lift, Yukon Offroad hubs + front and rear Duragrip LSD 3.73 ratio, 33-12.5/15s

Gear Vendors overdrive unit on order.

Oklahoma boy livin in Washington State.  Retired submarine MMNCM (Nuclear Machinist's Mate, Master Chief)
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
In reply to this post by Dan Crowley
Hey Dan - what 200 amp 3G do you have and what is your belt setup?
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
1 ... 4567