Revolution Electronics Fuel Pump Controller

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Revolution Electronics Fuel Pump Controller

Rembrant
Has anybody ever tried one of these fuel pump controllers before?

https://www.revolutionelectronics.com/Products/Fuel_Pump.html

I ordered one on the weekend and just received it today (ordered from LMC Truck). This isn't a product review...not yet at least. I'm still a few months away from having my project truck wired up and running, but thought I'd post it up in case anybody else is looking for such a device.

I was going to wire my pump through an oil pressure switch, but I prefer using a controller and I like the 3 second prime feature. Anyway, I just thought it was a neat device and thought I'd post it up.

I know there are others out there running electric pumps with carbs.

PS: I will be running a small Holley pump:

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_pumps_regulators_and_filters/fuel_pumps/carbureted_fuel_pumps/carbureted_electric_fuel_pumps/parts/12-426
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Revolution Electronics Fuel Pump Controller

ckuske
Administrator
This post was updated on .
This is cool!  I still use the mechanical fuel pump, but I put a in-line electric pump in between the tank and the mechanical pump. I wired a momentary button in to only run the electric pump when the button is being pressed.  This primes the carb, and works well.

I wonder if I could get rid of that button and put this in, and just not wire it to the oil pressure.  That way I'd get the 3 second prime and no manual intervention of having to press a button.  May not be $65 worth of button presses though, since I already have a working solution.

Thanks for sharing!
Chris

'84 F-150 XL 2WD Flareside, 302 w/ AOD transmission, Motorcraft 2150 feedback carb w/ CA Emissions, EEC-IV w/TFI, factory A/C, Tilt Column, Borgeson/Bluetop Steering, Speed Control - Info about me and my truck - My project thread
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
ckuske wrote
May not be $65 worth of button presses though, since I already have a working solution.
I hear ya! I looked for a cheaper solution, but I kept coming back to this controller. It's really small, but it's quite heavy for what it is. I'll report back after I use it for a bit.

Reply | Threaded
|

ckuske
Administrator
Sounds good Cory, thanks!

It seems like what I really want is an Interval On Timer Relay.  There are some that fit the bill but are in the same $ range.  It is a fun rabbit hole to go down...

https://www.littelfuse.com/products/protection-relays-and-controls/time-delay-relays/interval/krdi/krdi121.aspx
Chris

'84 F-150 XL 2WD Flareside, 302 w/ AOD transmission, Motorcraft 2150 feedback carb w/ CA Emissions, EEC-IV w/TFI, factory A/C, Tilt Column, Borgeson/Bluetop Steering, Speed Control - Info about me and my truck - My project thread
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
ckuske wrote
Sounds good Cory, thanks!

It seems like what I really want is an Interval On Timer Relay.  There are some that fit the bill but are in the same $ range.  It is a fun rabbit hole to go down...

https://www.littelfuse.com/products/protection-relays-and-controls/time-delay-relays/interval/krdi/krdi121.aspx
That's a neat little device too. I used very similar controllers in an industrial application many years ago. Operators were abusing the production machines by rapidly reversing the rotation with a handheld corded switch. I installed these little delay-on timers without telling them lol, so every time they tried to change the rotation of the machine(s), there was a delay of several seconds. It worked perfectly, but the operators sure hated it lol.

I also came across this little power controller a while back, and would like to try it sometime. It would be handy if one needed an external 12v supply that was only on when the engine was running, like electric choke power or similar. Not sure if it could be used for a fuel pump or not, but maybe.

https://www.rostra.com/source-power-automatic-12-volt-power-supply.php