New 86' F150 4X4

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
45 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New 86' F150 4X4

emunder
Yeah for sure. This was my first time buying a truck out of state unseen & I have learned a lot from this experience. Not sure I would do it again lol. But one way or the other I will get it all sorted out & then the truck will be nice & sound. Doesn't feel good though as you said...was advertised with "ice cold air" lol not a half-assed working system. Oh well...live & learn I guess.
1986 Ford F150 XLT 4X4. 300 I6 w/ 4 speed manual.
Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
PayPal is not part of ebay, and there's nothing wrong with paying by check.  You still have all the ebay protections, including feedback, buyer protection, and potential refund.  Don't wait to document the problems & open an ebay case.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Steve83 wrote
PayPal is not part of ebay, (any more) and there's nothing wrong with paying by check.  You still have all the ebay protections, including feedback, buyer protection, and potential refund.  Don't wait to document the problems & open an ebay case.
" PayPal had its initial public offering in 2002, and became a wholly owned subsidiary of eBay later that year.
eBay spun off PayPal in 2015."

But if the seller asks you to go around eBay (to avoid paying their commission)... you've got nothing but a handful of empty promises.

Caveat Emptor, as they say.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
ArdWrknTrk wrote
eBay spun off PayPal in 2015.
That's what I said - PP is not part of ebay.
ArdWrknTrk wrote
But if the seller asks you to go around eBay...
IDK where you're getting that - emunder said he didn't use PP (which isn't a requirement).  I don't see where he said that the seller asked him to go around anything. ebay collects its fees from the seller regardless how the buyer pays.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I "got it" from his intro thread which has since been snipped up and moved around.

There are a bunch of posts missing in the middle, but gtk had said he lived down the road from Bob's dealership, and he was sketchy AF.

It's no wonder Bob doesn't want to pay eBays commission nor the vig for listing.
Dirtbags are mostly the same.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.