classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Knobs & Keys!

Matt Wood
Hi All,

Furthering on from my search for arch trims i am now on the look out for the knobs for the wipers and the lights. What was the reason for having black or 'chrome' knobs? I have black now but would like to swap over to the chrome looking ones, but cant find much info as to what trim levels came with what knobs.

Secondly i have purchased a set of supposedly NOS key blanks, picture below. Does anyone have an original key they would be willing to share a picture of, just want to make sure its not a recent reproduction key.

Thanks again

Matt

'Shelby' - 1985 bronco XLT, 351W C6, Limited slip 9 inch
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Knobs & Keys!

Gsmblue
Ok.

Original keys front

Original keys back

Now the side view compared to the repo keys from LMC. The repo keys are on the left and thicker
1985.5 F-150 XL Explorer standard cab 5.0 EFI AOD 4x4
Daily Driver. We call her Eunice the Ute.

1982 Bronco XLT Lariat 351W AOD 4x4
Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

1984 F-350 XL Centurion crew cab 460 T19 4x4
"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
I am on a boring call so - Old and new front

Old and new back

Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

Matt Wood
Thank you! I thought they were supposed to be oval for the key ring! Ill have to find another set!
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
On Darth, my original keys were - Oval head for doors and glove box - Square head for ignition lock.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
To answer your knob question, chrome was 1980-1984, and black was from 1985-1986. Trim level didn't matter.
Reply | Threaded
|

Matt Wood
Ah perfect thanks for the info, im sure no one will notice if I change them over 👀😂
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Matt Wood wrote
Ah perfect thanks for the info, im sure no one will notice if I change them over 👀😂
I'm doing the same. I prefer the chrome.
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Same here. When I swapped the burlwood for rosewood in the 86, also swapped the chrome knobs as I prefer that look.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Matt Wood
May I ask where you got them from? Its proving challenging for me. Being over the pond makes it even more challenging !
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
I pulled mine from a parts truck but I see LMC offers them: https://www.lmctruck.com/1980-96-ford/fd-1980-86-dashboard-components (9 and 12).
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

Matt Wood
yeah problem with all the big retailers is that their shipping costs are so un economical over to the uk that buying $30 worth of stuff will end up costing $2-300 after taxes my end.... its crazy!
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Ouch! That's rough.
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
Well. That is madness.

I am from London (Enfield) and occasionally send stuff back that my friends buy on eBay and have shipped to me in the US. Usually vintage video games etc…

If you are interested I may be able to help you out. A little Jiffy bag is about $15-20 to ship. A small box about $40. Still may not be economical to you, but send me an email if you want to explore the option. I live in Oregon so no sales tax..

"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

Matt Wood
Thank you so much for the offer! I'd probably be ready to ship smaller stuff over later in the year when I've painted the truck, id really appreciate the help!

Small world, im from bishops stortford!
Reply | Threaded
|

ckuske
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gsmblue
I'd love to find a set (can't remember if it was just the door key, or ignition also) of the aluminum keys... if anyone has blanks or leads to those, I'd be interested
Chris

'84 F-150 XL 2WD Flareside, 302 w/ AOD transmission, Motorcraft 2150 feedback carb w/ CA Emissions, EEC-IV w/TFI, factory A/C, speed control - Info about me and my truck - My project thread