classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
45 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Carburetor/Throttle Help

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Sorry to hear that you've been ill Randy!
Hopefully on the mend.

A remanufactured carb showing up with a bent base?
Yikes!

As said above, a pass or two over wet-or-dry paper on a flat and solid surface (sink cutout from the scrap pile of a counter top place?) will show any warp of carb or spacer.
It's a good place to start.

A smoke test could reveal a leak too.

Thanks for touching base, and be well!  ðŸ™‚
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

BeagleRock
Thanks Jim, it's getting old being sick 😷  I was wondering how to check for warpage since the throttle shaft makes it impossible to sand on my newly acquired piece of glass which worked well on my phenolic spacer. It took awhile but she's on the level now  
 I now see what you mean by the sink cutout!
Beaglerock/83f150 351W C6 Transmission 2 wheel drive.
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
OEM Ford ones when EGR first came out were aluminum, the acid from the exhaust gasses would corrode right through them. Ford switched to cast iron and sold them as service replacements. This was in the 70s.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Cudal82
Randy (aka Beaglerock),

Sorry to hear that you’ve been sick. That’s certainly no time to be out in the misty cold. I hope you figure out the carburetor thing and I am curious about whatever aftermarket carb you found. All of them I could find were too expensive for me, but I have all that EEC-III feedback stuff to deal with- is that still operational on your truck? I’d like to know more about the distributor you bought too. This odd Ford set up really has got to me and I’ve let my beautiful truck sit too long.

Shaun

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 14, 2019, at 9:15 PM, 85lebaront2 [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:

OEM Ford ones when EGR first came out were aluminum, the acid from the exhaust gasses would corrode right through them. Ford switched to cast iron and sold them as service replacements. This was in the 70s.
Bill Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F-350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 1994 Taurus LX Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Carburetor-Throttle-Help-tp30872p45638.html
To unsubscribe from Carburetor/Throttle Help, click here.
NAML
Shaun

1982 F-250 Explorer
5.8l
AT 2wd
Reply | Threaded
|

BeagleRock
Thanks Shaun it's been a long bout with bronchitis, just finished 12 days of antibiotics and that was the 2nd round of them. Anyway my carburetor is supposedly the Motorcraft 2150 that was used during 1983-84 I don't know the part #. As for the eecIII stuff,I've done away with it so if you want a smog pump or an EGR valve/sensor you're welcome to it. The HEI distributor can be found on Amazon and it is from S.W. motor parts I believe. You can just type in Blue HEI Ford distributor and you can look at them. Make sure your timing cover has the timing pointer on it as it makes it easy to get to TDC assuming it's accurate, luckily mine is.
 Good luck Randy
Beaglerock/83f150 351W C6 Transmission 2 wheel drive.