AC questions

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

AC questions

nmchuck
Did a little searching and found this thread:  https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/York-to-Sanden-AC-compressor-questions-tt60023.html#a60156

I am looking to get the AC rigged back up in my truck, I have the york style brackets, old hoses and condensor in the truck.  If I read this thread correct It looks as if adding a sanden compressor is relatively simple if you purchase the correct hoses, Adapter for the bracket, and dryer as pointed out in the post by Max.

He was setting up for a six cylinder, I have the 351M, do you think this same parts list would work?
Chuck
1981 flareside 4x4, C6, 351M
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: AC questions

AmericanSavage
nmchuck wrote
Did a little searching and found this thread:  https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/York-to-Sanden-AC-compressor-questions-tt60023.html#a60156

I am looking to get the AC rigged back up in my truck, I have the york style brackets, old hoses and condensor in the truck.  If I read this thread correct It looks as if adding a sanden compressor is relatively simple if you purchase the correct hoses, Adapter for the bracket, and dryer as pointed out in the post by Max.

He was setting up for a six cylinder, I have the 351M, do you think this same parts list would work?
I have a 400 too, and if I recall the brackets are different.  Got pics?  I removed mine—or the guts anyway since it was beyond corroded.  It already had the compressor removed, and the bracket was long gone. I still have ther cooler in front of my radiator.   I MAY put one back in.  Let’s see what you have.  FUZZFACE2 knows a lot more than I do about this stuff.
1980 Ford XLT F350
400 Engine (rebuilt to 406)
Holley 2300 500 CFM manual Choke Carb
Under Restore (1st time)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: AC questions

nmchuck
Here are a few pics of the brackets, I picked them up from a wrecking yard off am 81 f250.  The cast bracket that bolts to the head has a part number you can see in the photo, the stamped part does not have anything on it.

Hope this helps you out, I had to alter my AC plans as my truck is really vapor locking in the heat.  Always something with these old rigs...
Chuck
1981 flareside 4x4, C6, 351M