Bullnose Forums

New year same problems...all 8 injectors firing two times per revolution

ReneH

Hi together! Happy new year at first!

So as I'm staring again today with a new distributor, the problems are the same.

I have also made a new wiring of the three shielded cables from the distributor to the ECU. Nothing changed.

I also have measured the ignition suppression resistor.. 21.8k, so also this part is ok.

I'm out of ideas...I have changed everything. Every part (ECU, distributor, MAP, O2 sensor) also the wiring routed outside the car directly to the ECU.

Still the same problem. The ECU switches both banks at the same time. Two times per revolution...

Is it possible That this is normal while staring? I always have disconnected the ignition coil from the distributor and the distributor cap off to see the position of the finger...

Thanks for all answers in advance...

Hi, what do you mean with "multiplex computer"?

The fuel injection computer. did you change the pickup coil in the distributor? If so, your problem is going to be with the computer, or the wireing from the computer to the injectors. What year and what engine are we dealing with?

The fuel injection computer. did you change the pickup coil in the distributor? If so, your problem is going to be with the computer, or the wireing from the computer to the injectors. What year and what engine are we dealing with?

I have changed the ECU and also the whole distributor without any effect.

We are talking about a 302/347 stroker. I have had the same problem with my original ECU and also with a new from a 351W. Is there another computer?

All cable from the distributor and the injectors connected with the ecu...

I have changed the ECU and also the whole distributor without any effect.

We are talking about a 302/347 stroker. I have had the same problem with my original ECU and also with a new from a 351W. Is there another computer?

All cable from the distributor and the injectors connected with the ecu...

what year?