Bullnose Forums

1986 Ford F150 XLT Lariat Short Bed 4X4 GORGOUS

Yes, that is a very nice truck. But I'm not sure it is worth almost $25K. Still, it is straight and doesn't appear to have been molested, although there's no pic of the engine.

A lot of aftermarket parts on that truck though, including tailgate.

Fresh paint as well. (Which could be good or bad)

Sounds like they want to recoup the cost of restoration. Perhaps?

If that's what they are trying to do then good luck to them. My experience is that you get out half of what you put in, not including labor. :nabble_money-flying-23_orig:

If that's what they are trying to do then good luck to them. My experience is that you get out half of what you put in, not including labor. :nabble_money-flying-23_orig:

If I remember correctly, black interiors were not available after 1984. This truck hasn't been molested in the usual way, but it has been soft restored with aftermarket parts and paint.

1986 Ford F150 XLT Lariat Short Bed 4X4 GORGOUS On Ebay

Very nice truck. Note the "H6" axle code...3.50 limited slip 9". Interesting that in the later Bullnose years, a 302 with NP435 got a 9" rear diff, and the exact same truck with an AOD would get a 3.55 8.8 rear diff.

I forget exactly which combos still got the 9" rear end after 1983, but it was fairly specific. I think it's a 302 with NP435 or a 351w with a C6 that still got 9" diffs until 1987, and every other combo got the 8.8, or something like that.

I remember Gary posting the details one time, but my memory is getting fuzzy. The 9" rear diff did show up in the trucks into the late 80's, but it wasn't random. It was will specific engine/trans combos only.

Is that really a "restoration?"

There is NOTHING on that truck that indicates it is really an XLT Lariat model. That looks more like an XL model - with all of the emblems removed and the wrong rear bumper.

And Shaun is right; black interiors were not available in 1986.

Is that really a "restoration?"

There is NOTHING on that truck that indicates it is really an XLT Lariat model. That looks more like an XL model - with all of the emblems removed and the wrong rear bumper.

And Shaun is right; black interiors were not available in 1986.

I take your point. More of a modification, than a "true" restoration. :nabble_smiley_good: