Bullnose Forums

Stripped Water Pump Bolt

I think you are right, I got the wrong side. But the other side has the raised land as well. So I really think it is for a 2-piece eccentric.

But you need to get another opinion. Perhaps find pics online?

Hey Gary,

OK, I did a little sleuthing online. It is really difficult to find anything on a roller and a 351M w/ 2 piece eccentric--But I did find this video of some Aussies rebuilding a 351C--check out they use a roller and a 2 piece eccentric--note the cam dowel/pin has to be SHORT for this to work. It is a little long video, but you can see how they do it.

Also, I found this--a replacement of the 2 piece eccentric with a one piece ball bearing system specifically for rollers! Works for several applications, including the 351C/M/400!

https://www.hipoparts.com/ford-roller-bearing-fuel-pump-eccentric-kit-w-arp-pro-series-bolt/

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Gary,

OK, I did a little sleuthing online. It is really difficult to find anything on a roller and a 351M w/ 2 piece eccentric--But I did find this video of some Aussies rebuilding a 351C--check out they use a roller and a 2 piece eccentric--note the cam dowel/pin has to be SHORT for this to work. It is a little long video, but you can see how they do it.

Also, I found this--a replacement of the 2 piece eccentric with a one piece ball bearing system specifically for rollers! Works for several applications, including the 351C/M/400!

https://www.hipoparts.com/ford-roller-bearing-fuel-pump-eccentric-kit-w-arp-pro-series-bolt/

Yes, they are using a roller chain and a 2-piece eccentric. And you can see in the pic below the raised land that allows the outer piece of the eccentric to rotate.

So if you put that upper sprocket on and bolt the eccentric in place I'll bet the outer ring will rotate. And you won't need that expensive bearing - although it won't hurt anything.

Aussie_351C_Timing_Sprocket.thumb.jpg.71282cd3902333c9db3b8bd4704ff2b6.jpg